This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Lazy to Listen to IVR Prompts

To set this, it is sort of hard to really miss who your calling with the constant reminders of our services etc...She was not sucky as in mean but man I just can't fathom how you can do that.

Me: Yours Truly
    CL: Crazy lady

Me: Thank you for calling CC Tech Support my name is Darrien how can I help you?
    CL: What is this?
    Me: This is CC Tech Support how can I help you?
    CL: What is that?
    Me: CC, we are a cable company.
    CL: Alright, thank you....*click*
    -I would normally have a few moments to sit there in silence but I had another calll-

This goes right up there with the lady asking for Child Protective Services
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

We get this ALL the time. They manage to make it through a menu that gives the company name more than once, and hit technology specific prompts, and are still amazed when I'm not Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Walden University, or any number of other organizations.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

On my first few weeks on the job at my call center, I answered the phone saying my name and the company I answer calls for. She said "Wrong number!" and hung up. And she was on hold for around 5 minutes before I picked up, during which our name and various services were replayed over and over again.

Comment

We get that all the time. I work for a vision insurance company who's phone number is one digit off from a big telephone company. I still don't get the people who call in wanting to talk about their phone bill after they go through the automated. The first words they hear when IVR picks up are, "Thank you for calling the Vision Care Service Center."
        MySpace

Comment

Yep, used to get this all the time. Our IVR says the company name over and over again, as does the hold music, and my greeting. I'd still get people who didn't have a clue who they were actually calling. (And were, in typical SC fashion, irritated at ME that THEY had the wrong number. )
          Last edited by Stockholm Syndrome; 10-12-2007, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Sometimes, getting the company you want while bypassing the IVR is just as bad...

Me: Thank you for calling BigCable.
            Caller: Aha! I've eluded your evil menu system.
            Me: Good for you. How can I help you?
            Caller: I've got a question about my bill.
            Me: I'm advanced telephony support. I'll transfer you to billing... although that's a little trickier than it seems. You might want to try going through the menu system next time.
            Caller: But I eluded your menu system.
            Me: Yes. Yes you did. Feels good, doesn't it?
            Caller: Not really.
            Me: The next voice you hear will be.... hold music for who knows who. Thank you for calling BigCable.
            I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Working...
            X