Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't want to follow directions! Just have someone else do it!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, writing novels.

At the jewelry store, I had a guy come in yelling and screaming that the necklace and bracelet he bought was tarnishing. I was 90% sure the bracelet wasn't ours, and of course, he didn't have the receipt. The person who rang him up kept it for some reason that escapes me right now.

So after talking to my manager and my district manager, I get the approval to just give him replacements and make him go away.

Well, since the stuff probably wasn't ours, I couldn't find an exact duplicate. So I had to bounce between my kiosk and our sister kiosk, trying to find something close. Well, of course, nothing was good enough. He finally decided on a necklace and bracelet, then started the battle of approval for those, which ended up with him on the phone with the DM cursing her out while she was trying to bathe her children!

I get approval, and then he demands I write up what happened. I was very glad to. I wrote down what HE wanted me to, attached the price tags and skus to it, and put it in our paperwork binder where everyone could see it. He said I was the best person he's ever worked with, and left.

THEN I got a couple more sheets of paper, and wrote up what REALLY happened, and made sure "NOT for customers' eyes!" was written prominently all over the place. I was told later that it was a source of amusement for weeks.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

The person in the OP reminds me a lot of the customers who come into the bank and basically refuse to do anything for themselves. They come up to the teller window, hand you a stack of stuff, then say to just deposit it into their account. Now we are not supposed to fill out deposit or withdrawal tickets for customers because if there is a problem then it's the customer's fault and they can't come back to us for it and we are to never write in cash amounts for customers. There are a rare few people who we will fill out tickets and cash items for, such as elderly folks who have arthritis bad and can't write, but 99.9% of our customers are perfectly capable of filling out tickets on their own and are just too lazy to do so. Not to mention that the older people will usually go see one of our CSRs who is popular with the senior crowd and have her do their transaction for them. The CSRs are one step below supervisor so they are allowed to take more leeway when it comes to filling out forms.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Working...
      X