This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The AMAZING Computer Super-Virus!

It slices, dices, cuts, and chops! Also makes criss-cut and Julienne fries! There's NOTHING this thing can't do!

Broomjockey's post about the woman who didn't know what a virus was gave me an idea.

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    "My computer's doing this, could that be from a virus?" Repeat ad nauseum.
    We've all read the emails and heard the claims. Viruses and spyware can do nasty things to computers and can mess up the lives of their victims. Problems range from loss of vital data and files to the capture and transmission of personal information to potential identity thieves. And then there are those unusual viruses... the ones we never see ourselves but only hear about... the ones that can reach beyond the limits of their binary world and influence ours in almost supernatural ways...

I've had enough people make ridiculous claims about computer problems that simply MUST be caused by viruses. I thought we ought to make a compilation. Here are my contributions.

- "I've got some dead pixels on my monitor. Could that be caused by a virus?"
    - "My printer's pulling through, like, 20 pages at a time. Can printers have viruses?"
    - "I heard about this virus Dell had a while ago in all their laptops that made them catch fire. Did they fix that?"
    - "I haven't won a single game of Freecell since I got DSL. I thought Norton was supposed to block viruses."
    - "My surge protector kind of exploded a while ago. Now it won't work. Think I've got a virus."

I don't work tech support, though. I work sales. I'm sure I've not heard anything nearly as amazing as some of the rest of you. Care to add to the list?
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    It slices, dices, cuts, and chops! Also makes criss-cut and Julienne fries! There's NOTHING this thing can't do!
    It's Skippy, the SuperVirus! Got change for 25 million people? (Cookies for whoever gets the reference.)

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
      It's Skippy, the SuperVirus! Got change for 25 million people? (Cookies for whoever gets the reference.)
      I had a co-worker whose MIL said her keyboard had a virus.

--Dave

Comment

Heh. I just posted this in my thread, but it fits way better here
        Virus Alert!
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Heh. I just posted this in my thread, but it fits way better here
          Virus Alert!
          Beat me to it, Broomjockey...

<Off-key singing> ...It'll translate your documents into Swahili... </Off-key singing>
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post

Best card game ever, especially when everyone loses
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              It slices, dices, cuts, and chops! Also makes criss-cut and Julienne fries!
              Am I the only one who just said "It will not break. It will not *tap tap*..... It broke"
              Last edited by trunks2k; 11-02-2007, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                Beat me to it, Broomjockey...

<Off-key singing> ...It'll translate your documents into Swahili... </Off-key singing>
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmK1agiw1wE
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Cust: "Everytime I open up Internet Explorer, I get the Yahoo! page. But I have your service, right? So why doesn't it open to your page?"
                  Me: "Actually, there's a very simple explanation-"
                  Cust: "Must be a virus, right?"
                  Me: "Err, no...not exactly. You can change your home page by doing this..."

*Insert troubleshooting steps here*

Me: "...and that's it!"
                  Cust: "..."
                  Me: "...Ma'am? Still there?"
                  Cust: "...It didn't change."
                  Me: "Wha-"
                  Cust: "It...it didn't change! I followed every one of your steps, but I'm still on Yahoo!"
                  Me: "Well, yes, for now. Close the window and-"
                  Cust: "Sigh...I guess I'll just have to update Norton. Thanks anyway."

*CLICK*

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                    Am I the only one who just said "It will not break. It will not *tap tap*..... It broke"
                    Nope.

(Although, we tend to quote Genie interviewing the guests for the wedding. )
                    Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I love the It didn't change crap. Its because you haven't tried to get to another page, or closed and reopened your browser! It doesnt' change unless you actively do something! Same type of thing when you do have them change a setting, press a button, power cycle their router, etc. Then they tell you they couldn't get online when they tried to, this being when they tried to before calling me. Wake up! We corrected the issue, I explained it to you, now I want you to try it because it will work!

Quoth gunsage View Post
                      Cust: "...It didn't change."
                      Me: "Wha-"
                      Cust: "It...it didn't change! I followed every one of your steps, but I'm still on Yahoo!"
                      Me: "Well, yes, for now. Close the window and-"
                      Cust: "Sigh...I guess I'll just have to update Norton. Thanks anyway."

*CLICK*

Comment

It could be worse, the sales dept that transfers me paid support calls sells everything as a virus. I mean, Computer dead, smoke from all corners and they tell the client they have a virus and we can slip right in and clean it out for them.
                        Tell me, "Who lit the fuse on your Tampon?"

Comment

'My computer was hit by lightning, and now it won't load. I think it has a virus.'

If by 'virus', you mean 'exploded CPU', then yes. Your computer indeed has a virus.
                          Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                            I was thinking "combination hookah and coffeemaker, also makes julienne fries!" but close enough I suppose...
                            "I'm not a crazed gunman, dad, I'm an assassin... Well, the difference being one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" -The Sniper

Comment

Oh, I had some guy tell me about a year ago that he didn't believe in viruses. I quickly explained why he should not only believe in viruses, trojans, worms, etc. but also take steps to protect himself. Cuz you know, identity theft isn't real either. After I explained all this, he seemed to have changed his mind, but I hope he wasn't just pretending for his sake.
                              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                              The Office

Comment

Working...
                              X