X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the tech who built my computer...

Dear Sir,

I really appreciate the fact that I paid for a system with 512MB memory and got 1GB instead. (I only recently realized this.)

Of course, you also forgot to format my 2nd hard drive- but that's okay. My hubby did it for me.

Thanks!

~NightAngel
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Uh... wow. Why am I suddenly concerned that this tech may not be the swiftest if they're mistakenly putting 1 gig in place of 512?

Hope you had hubby give it a quick over to make sure the rest is good too nice deal though.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'm pretty sure that this guy wasn't too swift. My hubby has looked it over quite well also and it seems to be fine other than that. Mostly he looks it over because he must drool over it as frequently as possible.

It's a pretty awesome gaming rig. The second I even look like I'm leaving for work he pounces on it to play his games.

The only thing I don't like is the graphics card (Radeon) but my hubby is getting me an NVidia for Christmas. *whoot!*
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Yay NVidia! Lucky, by Christmas I'm told the 8800 series should be down to the mid $200 mark. Makes me sad that I paid $450 for mine a month and a half ago. Whatcha gonna do?
        Besides p/w lock the computer to toy with hubby's emotions for a day.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Besides p/w lock the computer to toy with hubby's emotions for a day.
          I actually do that to keep *certain people* off my computer when I'm gone. My hubby isn't one of them though.

But when I change the pw and forget to tell him I get a frantic call at work from him, "WHY'D YOU CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD?! What is it now?!"

Yes, Delta Force BHD Online must be an uber awesome game...

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Memory isn't a big deal. If your computer is DDR2, you can get the memory chips now for really cheap (1G or 2G bundles). I wouldn't be surprised if there was very little difference between 512M and the 1G chips pricewise.

Comment

Quoth LionMan View Post
              Memory isn't a big deal. If your computer is DDR2, you can get the memory chips now for really cheap (1G or 2G bundles). I wouldn't be surprised if there was very little difference between 512M and the 1G chips pricewise.
              I quick check shows about £5($10) difference on like for like bundles 1G to to 2G.
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

depends

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                I quick check shows about £5($10) difference on like for like bundles 1G to to 2G.
                She never said how long she has had this machine, the older it is, the bigger the difference.

Comment

Approximately $35-40 worth actually.
                  Personally, I don't usually have an extra $40.00 lying around to spend on something as frivolous as a memory stick.

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                    The only thing I don't like is the graphics card (Radeon) but my hubby is getting me an NVidia for Christmas. *whoot!*
                    When the happy day arrives I'd suggest getting Driver Cleaner before installing the Nvidia drivers, it can save you from future headaches.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

*sigh*
                      The card I want won't work with my motherboard. (NVidia GEForce 8600 GT/S)
                      Oh... the pain...

~TechSmith 314

Comment

Wha? What kind of motherboard do you have? Because that's a new one on me. I know some won't do dual cards of certain types, but to not take it at all?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                          Wha? What kind of motherboard do you have? Because that's a new one on me. I know some won't do dual cards of certain types, but to not take it at all?
                          Could the motherboard be AGP not PCIwhateveritis?
                          ludo ergo sum

Comment

they make those?

Comment

Motherboards with AGP ports? I'm still able to find them at the moment.
                              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                              X