This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least they're honest...

I'm working on a CIS degree, and just for fun was looking around for help desk/tech support jobs. I found this one on Monster.com. I was impressed by their honesty.

Quoth Fyrehardt View Post
    I'm working on a CIS degree, and just for fun was looking around for help desk/tech support jobs. I found this one on Monster.com. I was impressed by their honesty.
    Does that mean you'll be working as the PFY for a BOFH?

A pint of lager to whoever gets the reference.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Still better than being the assistant manager at Krusty Burger.
      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post

All power corrupts and absolute power is even more fun.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          All power corrupts and absolute power is even more fun.
          Just stay away from all lifts, tape vaults, and never apply for any management or beancounter positions at their company....

Yeah I read it every week.....I've never had curry but I have a strange urge to find some and partake in it.
          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Ahhhh.... I found that the first time during my early teenage years. It makes a lot more sense as a 5th year CSE major / 4th year school tech desk employee / less-naive human being. I get the jokes now, rather than just laughing at the wanton mayhem and learning (but not always truly getting...) British slang!

Comment

Quoth digilight View Post
              Yeah I read it every week.....I've never had curry but I have a strange urge to find some and partake in it.
              The stuff the Brits generally eat isn't real curry, but a regional variant based on real curry that developed when they had access to curry and rice during their occupation of India.

All types are still good, though. Just look for any place that sells Indian or Middle-Eastern foods and they'll have some version of curry there.
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Impetrix View Post
                I get the jokes now, rather than just laughing at the wanton mayhem and learning (but not always truly getting...) British slang!
                But that's the bulk of the fun!
                I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

That was required reading for all of my new techs, along with "The Acts of Gord". My Alma Mater hosts a BOFH Excuse Generator. (http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.pl)

Comment

The first one I got was "Atilla the Hub"
                    I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Perhaps they need a position filled for editor.
                      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                        That was required reading for all of my new techs, along with "The Acts of Gord". My Alma Mater hosts a BOFH Excuse Generator. (http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ballard/bofh/bofhserver.pl)
                        You, sir, are definitely a man I'd love to work for... provided there was always something heavy to hide behind when things explode.

Oh, and my excuse of the day was "Recursive traversal of loopback mount points"

Comment

You, sir, are definitely a man I'd love to work for... provided there was always something heavy to hide behind when things explode.
                          Of course, Safety (for my loyal minions) First!

Comment

Working...
                          X