This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crying for Email...boo hoo!

Here is some quick background since I am pretty new around here.
    I work in phone in tech support for a small, local ISP. We do several services - dial up, dsl, website hosting and other internet services.

Had a lady call in earlier this week. She was having trouble checking her email. I asked her the usual - what program do you use to check email, are you on high speed or dial up, have you tried rebooting. She was a little upset and had soft crackly voice. She answered all my questions fine. I asked her to reboot and phone back.

When she phoned back, she was franticly saying - I need to get my email, Pleae help me! I again asked her what was happening now that we rebooted, but she was almost incomprehensible, mostly sobbing and saying something like "I need to get my email, help me please! I NEED TO GET MY EMAIL..SOB SOB SOB" She is loudly crying and saying this over and over.

I spoke calmly and walked her through some things and we finally got it working.

The whole time I'm thinking, oh brother, is email so important that you need to cry over it.

The kicker is that she had 7 messages in her inbox on ther server. 6 were spam and 1 was a forwarded joke of some type.
    "Are you from the past?!" - roy.

I swear some people didn't know how to survive before getting email and the internet. They act like its the end all be all of communications these days. What I espically hate is emails concerning a problem we are having for customers trying to forward. Most of the time its just lame stuff noone wants, but its espically funny when someone tells you they consider it worthy enough to pass on.

Comment

Working...
    X