Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you never needed to hear from an SC (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you never needed to hear from an SC (Long)

While finishing off training for an unmentionable computer company, I received a call that I will never forget no matter how hard I try. Not one person at work would have believed it if it hadn't been for the second tech listening.

The SC was missing some software that he needed to be able to connect to the internet on his computer. He had a second computer that was connected just fine so we were going to have him download the software from the site then transfer it over using a thumb drive or external HDD. It took the SC a little while to remember that he had an external. When he did he let us know that he was going to use it because his "wife was leaving his f****ing a**." Right, needed to know that.

In any case he had an external that we could transfer things over with. So we did a remote connection to the machine with a connection and were downloading the software for him. The SC gets to watch everything happening on the screen. It makes our lives easier because they don't get the wrong thing and we don't have to try to direct them to it. In the middle of it he tells us he has to answer the door. We hear him talk to some lady who brought him some dinner. There are a few kissy noises then the SC lets her know that we can see everything on the screen. I think we just identified why his wife is leaving him. They bust out laughing. In between gasps he tells her that we can only see what is on the screen. He then goes on to let us know that she had just shown the screen her boobs. I'm not sure if I would have minded seeing that but you never know.

The transfer is going well. The software is loading just fine but the SC has gone dead silent. We ask him a question. No answer. Ask him again. This time we get a response, it isn't the one we were looking for. "oh, sorry. She was sucking on me."

Yeah, so the guy was getting some action while we were trying to fix his computer. Hope he never has another issue. The company I was working for was getting anal about accurate call logging so every part of the story got forever enshrined in the case notes for his computer.

I hope I never hear something like that again.
    POKE!

I'll match you a explicit for explicit. I work for one of the major cell carriers in the US. This happened when I was doing Tier 1 level support for regular handsets, back before the mega pixel camera's on phone's came out

SC: I'm having an issue with my camera.
    Me: I can understand that's gotta be an issue, having a camera right there is important! What seems to be going on?
    SC: Well, I take a picture, but it comes out all blurry...
    Me: Okay - Well, with these cameras sometimes if the camera is to far away from what you are photographing, it will be blurry. Have you tried moving the camera closer?
    SC: (This is where it get's lovely...) Well, *cough* my girlfriend is out of town and...well, I don't want her to forget me...So we were texting and stuff...She sent me a pic so I was gonna send one back...
    Me: (Thinking maybe of his face...) The camera's do have build in self portraits mirrors, have you tried using that?
    SC: It's not really of my face...It's sorta well...you know!
    Me: (Trying not to laugh) Oh...I see...Well as I said, if you move the camera in the picture might not be as blurry...
    SC: But it doesn't all fit then!!! (Sounding upset)
    Me: (In my most, polite, professional tone) Well sir, then I suppose that you are going to have to choose between quality or quantity....
    SC: But...well...I don't know, do you think it might be too big?
    Me: (By this time I've had enough) Honestly sir that isn't an answer I can give you. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
    SC: Well, I guess not - You sure it's not to big?
    Me: Thank you so much for calling ******* sir - Have a great day.

I was rolling by the end of the call - My sup at the time didn't believe me until she found the call in our recording system and listened to it!!!

"Ok, so the screen's blank & you can't make calls? What happens if you press & hold the end call button for 5 secs? The phone is powering up? You can make calls? Well, ain't that something!"

Comment

Here's a nice bottle of brain-bleach. It doesn't help much, but it's the only thing that can take the edge off sometimes:

Oh, and !
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

When my stepmother was working as a telemarketer, she cold called a guy who was having sex with his wife at the time. He asked her to hold, put the phone next to the bed, and continued to finish his business. He then came back and bought over $1,000 worth of product. I guess that sale was worth the 15 minutes of moaning and heavy breathing which she heard. Maybe.

Comment

Me =
          CD = Creepy guy I hope I never hear from again...

For the record, I'm male, mid-20's, and apparently have a late-night-disc jockey voice of smooooth on the phone...

Me: *boredboredboredbored...*
          CD: Hello?
          Me: Hello, sir, I'm calling to conduct a survey for XXXXXXXXX, This call may be monitored for quality assurance, <Question>?
          CD: *repeats question back* Well, can I ask you a question first?
          Me: Certainly, sir.
          CD: What are you wearing?
          Me: *desperately trying to flag down a surpervisor* ... Clothes, sir...
          CD: Are they women's clothes?
          Me: No, sir. *supervisor is ignoring me, frak...*
          *a few more awkward questions I blocked out*
          CD: Aww, damn. Sorry, I'm not allowed to answer any questions *click*

In the end, nothing was done, the supervisor was just like "meh, it happens" even though a female friend of mine was just the same day harassed in a similar manner and told to flag a supervisor if it ever happened...
          Ma'am, I could care less about the time your precious Fifi found a baby squirrel and raised it as her own, I just want to know if you've ever been told you had diabeetus.

Comment

My wife who works for a major department store known for its hardware department, used to answer the phones but thankfully got out of that posistion. She told me about an inbound call from a female customer that was ordering items or checking on an order, and would turn the phone away to tell her male companion to "F me". Add to that the usual calls asking what they were wearing.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
              When my stepmother was working as a telemarketer, she cold called a guy who was having sex with his wife at the time. He asked her to hold, put the phone next to the bed, and continued to finish his business. He then came back and bought over $1,000 worth of product. I guess that sale was worth the 15 minutes of moaning and heavy breathing which she heard. Maybe.
              Would it be wrong to suggest this as being the ultimate hard sell?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                Would it be wrong to suggest this as being the ultimate hard sell?
                Yes, Raps, very much so. By the time the guy got back on the phone it was more of a "soft" sale.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth shinigaminamo View Post
                  The company I was working for was getting anal about accurate call logging so every part of the story got forever enshrined in the case notes for his computer.

maybe this is why he is your customer.
                  "MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken!" - Lewis Black

Comment

Working...
                  X