No announcement yet.

Two-factor Authentication *sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. I'm not sure I want to say anything to the IT guy, though. I have all my contacts stored in Outlook, which I wouldn't be able access if 2FA blocked access to our PCs when we don't have internet. I wouldn't have the number to call our ISP. Maybe I better keep that info written out somewhere just in case they change this.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
      I agree. I'm not sure I want to say anything to the IT guy, though. I have all my contacts stored in Outlook, which I wouldn't be able access if 2FA blocked access to our PCs when we don't have internet. I wouldn't have the number to call our ISP. Maybe I better keep that info written out somewhere just in case they change this.
      Perhaps this might be a good time to back up those contacts, maybe on a USB drive?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

According to our "Microcomputer Policy," we're not allowed to plug thumb drives into our computers, unless it's specifically approved by the IT department. Not that anybody follows everything in the policy, anyway.

I'll figure out a backup for my contact list, even if I have to print it out.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Could you email the contact list to your personal email as an attachment?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

You should be able to export it as a CSV or some such, then you can attach that file normally.

Unless there's IT shennanigans like blocking some types of attachment.
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

If they block certain attachments, just rename it to a different one. It's such a weird flex on their part and does nothing to prevent the issues bug-laden attachments can bring because they know this trick too, and plan to use it.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I ended up printing out my contacts, but it didn't print my notes, so it didn't print the account number at our ISP, for example. That's not a big deal, since they're fine looking up the account by the telephone number. But when I have time, I'll look at exporting the contact list some way where I can email it to myself as a backup.
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
                X