Good idea to keep on top of things ... including bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good idea to keep on top of things ... including bills

So if you ignore your cellphone bills long enough, they disconnect your service.

Who knew ...

Anyway, today I went to get it restarted and also to ask about possible alternate plans. I have very little need for calling services -- the only people I'm likely to call on my cellphone are at work, and that'll be to tell them there's a five-car pileup at X and Y streets and I'll be there when I get there.

Beyond that ... I use data as if it's going to be outlawed tomorrow. We have the typical 15-minute break -- not enough time to invest in an actual book, so I go online to scroll through Google and whatnot. And the data over-use was killing me.

Associate tells me I have a very old plan -- shaddup and get offa my lawn, you young whippersnapper -- and ultimately signs me up for a plan that, on the surface, looks as if I'm paying a bit more each month ... but apparently the amount of data I'm allowed under this new plan is likely to be well beyond anything I'm going to need or use. So ultimately it will bring my monthly costs down, since I won't get the $20 "excess data charge" anymore, nor will I get the "data has been shut off until the next cycle starts, in three weeks" messages.

I should add that this very old plan is actually maybe five or six years old ... but I guess in techno-time that's the Jurassic Era.

Never crossed my mind until the disconnect that hey, MAYBE there might be a BETTER plan that I could use on this phone.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

"It's an older plan, Sir, but it checks out." - anonymous trooper, "Star Wars: ROTJ"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
    X