Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It a Hearing Problem or a Listening Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is It a Hearing Problem or a Listening Problem?

Me: Please confirm the telephone number.
    SC Yes
    Me: May i have it?
    SC: *rattles off a 16-digit number.

Yes, when asked for his telephone number, he gave me his credit card number instead.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in customers simply not paying attention?

What was that? Did you say something?
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Did they ever listen?
      At my old day job, I had to address contractor queries (prior to their bid) and conservatively estimate that 2/3 of the time Page X, Paragraph Y would answer the question.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Used to get this all the time back at majorpizzachain. Our systems at the time (90s) were set up such that we could not take an order without getting a phone number first, so we'd answer the phone with something like "Thank you for calling store on road, this is Peon, may I have your phone number please?" -- Every day without fail, we'd get several people who would respond with their order; 00% of the time, it was for things we actually carried, so I jumped in when they stopped for breath, got the #, and started over. It was strange when they asked for pasta or burgers, and downright surreal when they thought we were a different business entirely.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X