This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are NOT a charity.

During this time of year I get a lot of people that want service for free, as if we're a charity.

1). A woman wanted to to help her configure her print server over the phone. When I told we we only do those onsite and for a fee, she spouted she shouldn't have to pay for setting it up "because she just bought it."

2). A older man wanted me to walk him through using his new computer. When I told him I can't and we can send a tech out for training for a fee, he spouted off on how rediculous that was.

3). Off a recommendation from a salesperson, guy buys Norton, installs it, and can't get online. When I told him we we can support him for a fee, he insists he shouldn't have to pay "because it was our salesperson that recommended it." (From a thread earlier)

Does this mean

Does this mean I get free driving lessons when I buy a car?

Better yet, free nude models if I buy a camera?

Comment

This is an excellent camera sales technique! I recommend it be implemented at all major retailers.
      My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Quoth Saydrah View Post
        This is an excellent camera sales technique! I recommend it be implemented at all major retailers.
        NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You know the store will just issue you one of the employees as a nude model.

DO. NOT. WANT!!

<unless I can pick the employee >

Comment

3). Off a recommendation from a salesperson, guy buys Norton, installs it, and can't get online. When I told him we we can support him for a fee, he insists he shouldn't have to pay "because it was our salesperson that recommended it." (From a thread earlier)
          WHAT! You mean, your salesman recommended it, but you don't support it?!?!?!?

lulz
          You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I get that alot at my galley slave call center.

+ customer has broken camera and wants it repaired under warranty - even if it was dropped.
            + customer purchased open boxed electronics and wants missing parts for free (manual, remote, software, etc) - even if the store gave a HUGE discount.
            + customer fails to read manual only to find out that the particular model he/she has does not include any software for their camcorder.

Comment

Off a recommendation from a salesperson, guy buys Norton, installs it, and can't get online. When I told him we we can support him for a fee, he insists he shouldn't have to pay "because it was our salesperson that recommended it." (From a thread earlier)
              you know sometimes it helps if people actually read the manuals before they use something. i'm assuming he bought norton's firewall.... perhaps he should have checked the setup?

*rolls eyes*

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post
                NOOOOOOO!!!!!! You know the store will just issue you one of the employees as a nude model.

DO. NOT. WANT!!

I can think of a few employees at my preferred electronics store I'd pick.
                My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Well, Playboy's already done a "Women of Wal-Mart" issue. Why not a "Girls of Best Buy"?
                  If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Crawley View Post
                    Well, Playboy's already done a "Women of Wal-Mart" issue.
                    *Imagines local Wal-Mart*
                    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth MadRocketScientist View Post

DO. NOT. WANT!!

You obviously have not seen the staff at my local London Camera Exchange.

Excuse while I pop into a corner and Vomit.
                      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth RoLleRKoaSTeR View Post

+ customer has broken camera and wants it repaired under warranty - even if it was dropped.

Customer backs out of their garage and snaps their mirror off on the door edge.

NOT. WARRANTY.
                        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Crawley View Post
                          Well, Playboy's already done a "Women of Wal-Mart" issue.

The "ladies" who work at Wally World in town are proof that not all the cows around here sleep in barns.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

How about this:

Customer purchased a television - open box, missing remote. Calls us, asking for free remote. I located his model number, and told him that we can not give him a free remote. [begin sucky customer moment here]...

Our policy is that open box/dispay models are not covered for any accomodation parts (cables, manual, etc) due to they are most likely discounted by the merchant.

Comment

Quoth RoLleRKoaSTeR View Post
                              Customer purchased a television - open box, missing remote. Calls us, asking for free remote. I located his model number, and told him that we can not give him a free remote. [begin sucky customer moment here]...

Our policy is that open box/dispay models are not covered for any accomodation parts (cables, manual, etc) due to they are most likely discounted by the merchant.
                              I don't normally quote a whole thread, but had to answer it all.
                              1: I don't think its really sucky of a customer to ask about a remote,
                              IF (Key word here IF) they were NOT told about that little policy. Granted, getting a good tv for a small price would imply something is wrong with it. But it not sucky to ask about a remote. If they knew about it BEFORE they bought it, verberly, mentally, and in writing by their own blood, then yeah, it be minorly sucky.
                              Military Spouse Support.
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Working...
                              X