Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you look at the case only to see the paint blistered and scorched on the side of it.

b.) When you turn on the computer and after a few minutes the paint on the case begins to blister and scorch..

When you turn the computer on and have this vague scent of burning pop corn.

When the customer asks if a strange ozone smell is a bad thing...
    Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

You go to a major university and pick up a MacBook Pro that actually falls apart when you pick it up.

I asked the tech there (they have techs there for software stuff, we take care of the hardware) what had happened, and he told me that apparently it had fallen off a 3rd floor balcony.

Comment

Quoth Apallo View Post
        I asked the tech there what had happened, and he told me that apparently it had fallen off a 3rd floor balcony.
        I think it jumped.

x+1) When the head of the organization (who answers directly only to the city council) brings you a laptop with the instructions, "Just destroy the drive."

--Yes, I do plan to see what they're so adamant about getting rid of. Probably just personnel records. Probably.

PS-If I can get the #$%! thing out. I've found three stripped screws so far.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When the server admin gets pissed at you for not knowing how a random piece of network equipment works, and how to reset it after a power outage.

To quote Geek King,
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
            x+1) When the head of the organization (who answers directly only to the city council) brings you a laptop with the instructions, "Just destroy the drive."
            Do they want the rest of the laptop back. If not go find somewhere with a gas axe and cut it up.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
              Do they want the rest of the laptop back. If not go find somewhere with a gas axe and cut it up.
              Why? I've got a perfectly servicable hacksaw here.

I don't think the laptop is worth saving. Its an old Toshiba model with a dead power supply. The screen is about the only thing that worked right before the power supply failed.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

When you get a machine that comes in with the description of "Its my kids' machine and its running slowly," and all that you find for Anti-Malware is an expired trial copy of NIS 2005.

Had to run that machine through 3 anti-virus scanners before it came out clean. The 3rd one pulled off 400 pieces of malware.
                "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
                -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Working...
                X