This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable question

With my latest problem with the cable company, a coworker suggested I call and request to have my bill pro-rated.

Can someone help idiot blas87? What does pro-rated mean, and is it possible?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

It means they evaluate your connection status over the course of the billing cycle and determine if it results in a reduction of payment.

In other words, if you lose connection due to their fault, you may get a smaller bill.

It couldn't hurt to check out and see if you qualify.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Keep in mind, 2 days will likely result in a 3 or 4 dollar credit. Also, they tend to go based on first report to resolution to determine length of time, unless there's a mitigating factor on your end.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Pro-rated means partial monthly payment for partial monthly service. Let's say the billing cycle starts in the 1st of the month but you start the service on the 15th, your first bill is pro-rated so you only pay for half a month's service. The term also applies for outages and such. My former employer would make the customer call to complain first and adjust according to when they called, just as Broomjockey said.

Comment

We only credit when requested by the customer, and only for an issue that is reported to us, or a known system outage. If its an issue only affecting that customer, then it has to be reported to us by that customer so we have a chance to fix it, by scheduling a technician or whatever.

Comment

I don't know how they're handling it these days, but when my Internet would go down for an extended period, Earthlink would just throw a free month at us. That was nearly 10 years ago, however.

Charter would also throw free months at us, but that was more of a desperate bid to keep us as customers because their service was so sucktacular. Our last 4 months with them were all comped, and we still left.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X