Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't re-open your f-ing tickets unless you're still having the same f-ing issue!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't re-open your f-ing tickets unless you're still having the same f-ing issue!!!

We are timed on our tickets and when tickets are re-opened the time is NOT reset so 99% of the time a ticket is re opened it is overdue by a day or two already (including time in between it was closed and re opened).

Tickets can be reopened for people who didn't have their issue resolved.

Well, I have one @$$Hole supervisor that I have to support who loves to just re-open his old tickets instead no matter what the issue is.

Of course, he always plays stupid (I think it comes naturally) and acts like he thought it was the way he's supposed to do it. Of course, I've spoken to him about this several times and I've notated the tickets.

This not only kills my time but it cancels out my last ticket killing my tickets per day ((#tickets / # hours) worked on tickets *8) average, all of which are both metrics that corporate is looked at closely.

Maybe I'll just confirm that the issue was resolved and that he needs to log a new ticket for the new issue.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Why can he re-open his own tickets? No one except the support department should have control of those. I suggest CC-ing the supervisor's boss in on an e-mail explaining proper ticket operations, and any further corrections, as needed.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Because he calls the help desk and tells them he's having the same issues so they re-open it.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Hmm, then I suggest the following, if you can get away with it. A prior consult with your supervisor may be needed.

Everytime he incorrectly re-opens a ticket, check to see what the problem is. If it is different from the ticket, insist on only solving the ticket item. If the item is fixed, explain to him that you will not be troubleshooting any additional items that are not related to the ticket issue. If you are allowed to do this, and continue to note on the tickets when they have been improperly reopened, you should be able to train him in short order. If you don't do it right, you don't get your computer fixed.

Just a little trick that worked for me in a similar situation.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Something tells me, he deep down thinks that if he reopens a ticket, even for a different problem, then hell get his current problem fixed without having to wait very long.
          As opposed to however ever long he thinks hes going to have to wait....

I hope that just made sense. heh
          http://www.vilecity.com/index.php?r=221271
          Cyberpunk mayhem!

Comment

Working...
          X