X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size DOES matter, dammit!

I need help again...

Last night I was playing my Pharaoh game when for no reason the damn thing froze on me. I tried hitting any manner of buttons to toggle back to my desktop (usually all I have to do is hit the Windows key and I can bounce back and forth between the game and anything else I might be doing), to no avail.

Worse, what happened is that somehow, after getting the game unstuck (which I don't know how I did) I managed to completely screw my settings up. Now *everything* - icons, windows, you name it - is displayed in HUGE size and I HATE this so much. I can't figure out how to change it back to the small setting! Does anybody know how to fix this?

*goes to bash head against nearest wall*
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
    I need help again...

Last night I was playing my Pharaoh game when for no reason the damn thing froze on me. I tried hitting any manner of buttons to toggle back to my desktop (usually all I have to do is hit the Windows key and I can bounce back and forth between the game and anything else I might be doing), to no avail.

Worse, what happened is that somehow, after getting the game unstuck (which I don't know how I did) I managed to completely screw my settings up. Now *everything* - icons, windows, you name it - is displayed in HUGE size and I HATE this so much. I can't figure out how to change it back to the small setting! Does anybody know how to fix this?

*goes to bash head against nearest wall*

You've tried right-clicking the desktop, selecting "properties" and adjusting from the Settings tab?
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Finally figured it out. It was the screen resolution. I'm not completely satisfied with it, but maybe it's just that my eyes are still recovering from being overwhelmed by the OMGINYOURFACE giant size. *sigh*

Yes, I am an idiot.

*goes to whack self some more*
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

No worries. A lot of those type of games run in a lower resolution than you would normally run. Sometimes when they get a fault, the resolution sticks. You figured it out, which proves you have potential above the usual people I support everyday.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
          ...*goes to whack self some more*
          Well I guess your joystick still works then.
          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
          X