Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable technician shenanigans - They never stop!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable technician shenanigans - They never stop!

Tech was out doing install & his ladder fell on the customer’s neighbor’s car.

Customer states that he watched our technician walk up to the house and then saw him just walk away. He states the tech never knocked on the door or tried to get customer’s attention.

Tech came out to do rewire but refused because he did not know if he would be paid for his work. (PJ says: Understandable, but don't tell the customer that!)

When tech was out on Friday he tore one of the ducts down on the customer’s central air unit. The customer has called the cops and is going to press charges against the tech.

Tech tracked mud all over customer’s carpet, hardwood floors and area rugs. She will have to have them all replaced now.

The tech had very poor hygiene left the customer's house smelling horrible.

Customer says tech "stepped through his roof" and is upset because he hasn’t heard from a supervisor on the issue and would like his roof repaired.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

Customer states that he watched our technician walk up to the house and then saw him just walk away. He states the tech never knocked on the door or tried to get customer’s attention.

Tech came out to do rewire but refused because he did not know if he would be paid for his work. (PJ says: Understandable, but don't tell the customer that!)

If I had a nickel for all the times I get these complaints...

I get so many where the tech said nobody home, but never went to the customer's home and so many where the contractors won't do a job because......as I found out......they're paid per job, not per hour
    Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

GOD am I glad I didn't get in this industry... I was desperate a few years ago, and the local feebs wouldn't hire me. To think.. I was PISSEd at the time..

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
        GOD am I glad I didn't get in this industry... I was desperate a few years ago, and the local feebs wouldn't hire me. To think.. I was PISSEd at the time..
        you were saved........... YOU WERE SAVED
        Everything is great when you're a kid, then you grow up and suddenly you're afraid of the monkey bars...

Comment

Tech tracked mud all over customer’s carpet, hardwood floors and area rugs. She will have to have them all replaced now.
          I never got that one. Yeah, the tech shouldn't have got mud everywhere, but you don't have to REPLACE everything. Mud cleans off of most surfaces.
          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Some of those are pretty serious. I once had Comcast not show up for an appointment (no call, nothing). They claim that they caled me (but obviously no one did).

I can see the one where they go to the door then leave being possible. If their vehicles are GPS tracked but just don't want to do their jpb.

As for damage to houses, i can see that one too. A lot of the times they don't care about your home, just throwing whatever bandaid they can on the issue and get out (when I finally got a tech here he just threw his plastic bags & packaging wherever).
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
              I never got that one. Yeah, the tech shouldn't have got mud everywhere, but you don't have to REPLACE everything. Mud cleans off of most surfaces.
              The floors, sure, but it really depends on the carpeting (and the mud) whether or not mud will come out. Say, beige (or worse, white) carpet and really goey mud, then you're pretty much screwed.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

heh... do ANY of those companies really call you?
                back when i was in Japan the answer would be "yes" but in the states?....

Comment

Working...
                X