This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My font is teh good!

Had this happen recently, I'm still worrying about this woman's idea of sanity

Me = The Lobo.
    SC = Scary Customer

SC: My website's wrong.

Me: Okay, how so? *looking at it wondering if I should be able to read her mind*

SC: The font's wrong, it should be cursive...

Me: Ok, where? Where should it be cursive? *looking at over 300 pages, all with text*

SC: Homepage, on the header.

Me: *goes there* Hn...I'm not seeing it that but then again I don't have the cursive font on my pc. Lemme check it on another machine.

SC: What do you mean another machine?? It this some kind scheme? Everyone's got cursive font!

Me: I don't, and alot of people don't on their machines. Their stuck having it read as a different font. I'll be more then happy to check on another machine though.

SC: I don't wanna have it like that, you're a liar! I want to speak to your supervisor! *hangs up*

Me: *dreaming of vacation* Me too... *hangs up too*

Ok, Kiddies the moral of the story today is don't act like that caller. Any questions???
    I can't decide who's dumber: my customers for their questions or me for willfully listening to their questions.

My MySpace

I wonder if they were the kind of person that confuses italic as cursive?

Comment

"Sure, let me fix that for you.

Lets see. Hell. Damn. F***.

Oh, you wanted cursIVE?

Oops."
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

How was she supposed to talk to a supervisor if she hung up?
        3 Basic rules for ordering food.
        - Order from the menu.
        - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
        - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Eh, I try not to understand my caller's idea of logic. I'm worried about what the lab rat on the wheel that passes for my sanity would say about it.
          I can't decide who's dumber: my customers for their questions or me for willfully listening to their questions.

My MySpace

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
            How was she supposed to talk to a supervisor if she hung up?
            See, the supervisor was supposed to call her back because his swami powers had enabled him to listen to all calls simeltaneously and instantly know the phone number of the caller.

Really, in some cases "I want to speak to your supervisor" is more of an insult than an actual request to speak to a supervisor. It's supposed to be that trump card to make you quake with fear and fix teh intertubes like a good monkey.

She reminds me of one SC who argued with me for over an hour that a 2byte .dat file was a ginormous and reallyreallyreallyimportant legal document. I explained to her that 2 bytes = 2 sets of 8 binary digits = 2 ASCII characters, and that therefore there is absolutely no way this could be a multi-thousand character legal document. Her response "I don't believe you" and eventually that she would get someone who knew what they were talking about and contact the word processing department in the morning.

To which I responded "okay lady, if you think you can find someone to convert a 2 byte .dat file into a legal document, by all means, go ahead!" You guessed it - she wanted my name and my supervisor's name.

I'm guessing she must have contacted her in-house IT dept to complain about that incompetent biach at the night helpdesk who couldn't even convert this 2 byte file into her legal document, and she got a lecture on computer math from someone she actually had to believe. Either way, that horrible survey and call to my supervisor never happened.

root@darkstar: mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrom
            root@darkstar: cp -r /cdrom/lib/* /lib/*
            root@darkstar: crap
            -bash crap: command not found
            root@darkstar: man -k undo

Comment

OOO!!! I know!

NO

Depending on the setting that could be a legal document!

Jenni
              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

or in her case, maybe "UM" or "ER"

...this sort of reminds me of a story my dad and brother told me once. they were (for free, in that "my friend knows computers" tech support way) trying to fix this guy's computer for him. he kept insisting that he'd run a surface scan and found a virus in a text file and that was his only problem (nevermind that's an impossible situation). they were trying to tell him that his computer wouldn't start because the power supply was ruined from beer getting spilled in it (lucky that's all it broke, actually), and he insisted that no, it was the virus, because "bell-packards" are worse about viruses than dell or IBM and the power supply was just fine because he wiped the beer off and they just wanted him to spend more money.

Comment

Quoth headache grey View Post
                  "bell-packards"
                  My brain just broke. Seriously. Where do people come up with this kind of thing?
                  And did they then proceed to explain it's the OS that determines viable virii, not the manufacturer of the hardware?
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

yes they did explain that, but not as much as they explained he was an idiot who should probably throw his computer out and stick to gun collecting

...this is a dude we never liked anyway, so no loss, really.

Comment

he was an idiot who should probably throw his computer out and stick to gun collecting
                      So, he's too stupid to use a computer, but he collects firearms?

That, ladies and gentlemen, is how Darwin Awards are won.

root@darkstar: mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /cdrom
                      root@darkstar: cp -r /cdrom/lib/* /lib/*
                      root@darkstar: crap
                      -bash crap: command not found
                      root@darkstar: man -k undo

Comment

Quoth headache grey View Post
                        yes they did explain that, but not as much as they explained he was an idiot who should probably throw his computer out and stick to gun collecting

...this is a dude we never liked anyway, so no loss, really.
                        You may well lose him, if someone this stupid is allowed firearms.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Working...
                        X