This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not know what your doing but its wrong

Is it just me or do people when they call for tech support tell you a step your having them do they do not know what that has to do with it, and yet its something completely related?

If anyone has used lotus notes, how they get their email on a local copy of their inbox they have to replicate. Well this guy was complaining he could not connect to a network drive or browse the internet. I remoted in in and he was able to do all that but before I remoted in I told him to replicate to and sighed and huffed and puffed that he does not see how that helps. Keep in mind the entire company uses this email system and yet they do not know how they get there email? If he could not replicate it meant the network was down at that building and yet apparently had nothing to do with it.
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

"OK, so you're video is stuck at 640X480? We'll need to uninstall the old video drivers first"

"What's that got to do with my monitor being bad?"

Nah, never gotten it before.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

"I can't receive calls"

Me: "Can you dial out"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

About 80% of the time the problem with not being able to receive calls on a cell phone stems from a problem that also causes you to be unable to dial out. In those other 20% scenarios some actual troubleshooting is required

And on having had calls similar to yours... [sarcasm] no, never I've never gotten any like that [/sarcasm]

Comment

And

They have a problem.

They can't fix themselves.

Most times (95%+) they called you, not you them.

Then when they can't understand a step they try and refuse to do it, but they don't know what to do instead that will work.

Why call for help, if you don't want to use it?

Comment

I probably got that plenty of times, but it's become part of the repressed memory that is my callcenter experience.

What I do remember getting a lot of is callers asking about things that had no bearing on the issue. Sorry bud, I don't care if your computer's slow. That's not causing your DSL light to blink. No, rebooting your computer will not fix the DSL light blinking, now get your butt in gear and make sure you have your filters in place on your phones.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Working...
          X