This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My initiation

During training for internet tech support, people told me that there was one call that worse than all the others: a call from someone who'd start of with their credentials. Today was my first day on the job. One of my first calls on this first day went a little something like this (my comments are what I meant, not what I actually said):

Caller: Before we start this call, you should know I'm an MSCE and I'm a blah, blah, blah and I work at blah, blah, blah.
    Me: And yet you're calling me?
    Caller: I'm going to be using some big words that you may not understand... I probably need to speak to your one of your top engineers.
    Me: On a Sunday morning?
    Caller: Anyhow, here's my problem... hubs... switches... blah, blah, blah. If you didn't understand that, connect me to someone who can.
    Me: I did understand it. Either your system is completely f****d, or you have an exam question you can't figure out and you seriously thought I'd call up an engineer... on Sunday morning... to bail your ass out.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Quoth TNT View Post
    Caller: Before we start this call, you should know I'm an MSCE...
    Ahh, the "special" people of the tech world.

BOFH FTW!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
    X