This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickie - Stuck packets

So, I get a call first thing that the business office can't print. I make sure the print server isn't down, as they claim (I know it's not, since the phone would be off the hook due to the mass of employees who think it necessary to PRINT ALL THEIR EMAILS (but that's a rant I won't go into now).

I then head over there. I ask the receptionist if she can print. She hadn't tried yet, so she does, that's when we find the printer is offline.

I bounce the power on the printer... wait... wait.... wait... still no printy.

I locate the network cable, lift it up to trace it back. I was about to climb up on the counter to get to the router when... PRINTY!

I turn to the receptionist. "Stuck packet, I just had to shake it loose."
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

*snerk*

That's as good as the old "lost token" gag from back in the day when you had token ring networks.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Or having to empty the bit bucket.

(Note for the normal: the bit-bucket is a term for anything used as a data dead-end. The data simply disappears "into" it, it never gets full.)

Comment

Or, as I would put it:

The printer had a touch of constipation. But it's flowing much better now after giving it an enema.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Or the Dilbert variation, "just had to straighten the cable a bit. Those zeros slide right through, but sometimes the ones get stuck."
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            Or the Dilbert variation, "just had to straighten the cable a bit. Those zeros slide right through, but sometimes the ones get stuck."
            I always thought that the ones, being skinny, get through okay but the zeroes are just too fat.
            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

It's because the 1's are spiky - they dig into the sides.

Comment

Working...
              X