Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What part of "unplug all USB cables" do you not understand?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What part of "unplug all USB cables" do you not understand?

I had a PC that was crashing. OK, time to just reload windows and the applications, no huge task.

I sent one of the people (a smarter sales rep) an email asking him to unplug all USB cables (since during the reloading process windows will try to install them messing up the process).

He sent me an email back stating that it was done.

Sure enough, Windows installer pops up.

Sure, did he think to look in the BACK or did he just unplug the scanner (which is not an issue if that gets left plugged in).
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Bwahahahaha!
    *clears throat*
    I mean I feel your pain, but after coming across so many people doing similar things you just have to laugh at them.(Not you. I feel for you.)

Comment

At least the people you work with know what a USB is.

I'm considered a King of IT because I know the difference between a USB and PS/2...
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
        I'm considered a King of IT because I know the difference between a USB and PS/2...
        One's a flat connection, the other's a game console, right?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          Not sure if you meant this as a joke or not, but:

Comment

That sounds like something my brother would think of . . . of course, we're talking about the same guy who refers to USB as USSB.

Is there a diference here? Is that some sort of superior-grade USB that I don't know about yet?
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Apallo View Post
              Not sure if you meant this as a joke or not, but:

Yes, it was meant as a joke. I'm old enough to remember the old mouse/keyboard connectors.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

old? old? OLD????

Heck in my company it's NORMAL to use PS2 kbd and mouse instead of USB. I think whomever created the OS image didn't put enough drivers in...and plus we've got a lot of 1.8 p4's still running with old outdated BIOSes that HATE USB.

I was bashing my head against a wall today with a USB kbd not jiving with an old machine.

Can we talk about brownies instead?

Cthuhulunoob
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Yes, it was meant as a joke. I'm old enough to remember the old mouse/keyboard connectors.
                  Old? I found a keyboard using a 5-pin DIN connector in our box of "still good keyboards." Worse, I found some DIN-to-PS/2 converters in my oddball wires box. I could inflict it on someone.
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ooh. I have an old Cherry keyboard (works perfectly) with a DIN plug. But all of my current machines, of course, have PS/2 (or even USB only). Can I have one of those adaptors?

Comment

I have a couple of serial mice lying around somewhere.....
                      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

I still have at least one serial mouse *and* a use for it!

Amusingly enough, one of my computers has a PS/2 keyboard port but not a PS/2 mouse port - instead it has a proprietary "busmouse" port, and the original mouse is well past it. But it will take a serial mouse instead.

Comment

I still have my Commodore 64.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                            That sounds like something my brother would think of . . . of course, we're talking about the same guy who refers to USB as USSB.
                            So that's what happened to them after DirecTV bought them out!
                            DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
                              So that's what happened to them after DirecTV bought them out!
                              Yep . . . went to crap just like the XM music channels now that they becamse Sirius.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X