This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just send a campus wide email!

So, there's a staff member that, for some unknown reason, is getting calls for random people on campus. I don't know why, I've had many people look at it, and we just can't figure it out.

I guess he's getting a little pissed off about it.

He got a voicemail for a "Jennifer" from a (location) Commuications.

A quick look through the employee directory will yield two Jennifers. Me, and the Health Services AA.

Instead of sending it to both of us, or just me as you think the Telco Admin would get something from a company with Communications in it's name, he decides to send it to EVERYONE ON CAMPUS.

At the current count, I've had six people forward it to me, and one person call me about it. :: head desk ::

Oh, and NOW, I'm finally getting information out of the guy as to the problem that I've been trying to get out of him for an ENTIRE SCHOOL YEAR.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Update! 14 people have sent me the voicemail message! THUS! 14 people are smarter than the idiot who sent it to everyone!

Comment

Hehe I just pictured a scoreboard by your desk.

Comment

:: strokes imaginary beard ::

I do have a dry erase board on my wall.....

Comment

Next person who calls in about it..

"Thank you sir, I just put another hash mark on my dry erase board. Have a good day."
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

And you just know that now the problem is fixed the professor's going brag about his not-so-little stunt...

"I've been complaining about this all year and nothing got done until I forwarded the message to everyone on campus. THAT got their attention and they FINALLY fixed it."
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Watch the suckiness enable further suckiness by telling everyone else to follow the same protocol everytime they want something fixed.
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I wouldn't doubt it, but during the times I'm NOT learning corporate phone wiring, I'm in my slow phase. So work orders get dealt with as soon as I get them.

Comment

As a telecom geek, here's my -> Clue x 4 x phonedoom. Use as needed.

Next time, just offer to change his extension to (if you have 5-digit extensions) to 38258.

My sympathies.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                    As a telecom geek, here's my -> Clue x 4 x phonedoom. Use as needed.

Next time, just offer to change his extension to (if you have 5-digit extensions) to 38258.

My sympathies.

B
                    I wonder if he would eventually figure it out... Hmmm.

Comment

I haven't....

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
                        I haven't....
                        Play with the letters aligned with those numbers. You'll see the message.

SOLVER'S HINT!: Start with 3=F!
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

OOOOOOO...

Now I get it. I was trying to spell idiot or something.

Comment

Working...
                          X