This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He twisted my words!

Grahh, I work at a software company, and part of my job description is to run this "Web Guide" service on our webiste, which helps direct people around. I often get people signing on and asking technical support questions, and then getting mad at me when I explain that that isnt what the service is for.
    We also don't sell our products directly, instead we refer prospects to our local dealers who take it from there. Here is one chat transcript from an incredibly frustrating person.

CS: customer service (me)
    JD: John Dickhead

CS: Allow me to introduct myself as your chat representative...
    CS: What can I help you with today?
    JD: do you have a name?
    CS: My name is StockRot
    JD: Hi StockRot, I was wondering about the pricing and upgrading for *product*
    JD: *Competitor* has promotions, can you beat them?
    CS: Yes we can, however for accurate pricing and product information you will need to dpeak with your local dealer. This chat is for helping find things on the website.
    JD: well, can't you give me an idea of pricing?
    CS: One of our representatives would be glad to, however you will have to call in and speak to *agent* in Customer Service
    JD: this is a waste of time
    CS: I'm sorry sir, but I'm not authorized to give pricing information online.
    JD: of course you're not (smartass!)
    JD: ok, give me the name of a reseller in san franciso
    CS: One moment please...
    CS: The closest available reseller is *Reseller1* in California
    CS: However, he should be able to assist you, our dealers have a wide range for support.
    JD: thats fine. give me his number.
    CS: The contact is *blahblahblah*
    JD: is he any good? does he have a website?
    CS: hes not one our most proficient partners, but hes a good guy.
    JD: oh, so i can tell him what you think of him? hes not the best? why give me his number. get me someone good... i dont needa good guy, i need a good business man (me thinking: I gave you the CLOSEST one, not the best you douch!)
    CS: In that case you can try *Reseller2*
    JD: ok, i will be telling *reseller1* what you think of him so he knows how much you support him
    CS: (thinking: youre a dick, I complimented the guy for crissakes! I got a little frustrated at this point and tried to do damage control. Our partners are evaluated on a sales basis, and *reseller1* has not sold much in the past year)
    CS: Thats absolutely false. He is one of our lowest ranking partners.
    JD: it is what you said isnt it
    JD: wow, lowest ranking.
    CS: We operate on a sales level basis
    JD: dude stop dissing him
    CS: He is a bronze level (bronze is the lowest rank)
    CS: You know ,there is a directory of our partners if you'de rather not chat with me (Im fed up by now)
    JD: i am still telling. he will make of it what he wants... i am glad i am not doing business with you StockRot
    CS: *posts the link to the directory*
    JD: thanks... i dont want to talk to you anymore, you are getting on my nerves (me: the feeling is mutual buddy!)
    CS: Its been a pleasure
    JD: pleasure to annoy me?

I also got in trouble later for having "too much testosterone"!

Luckily I learned a valuable lesson. Don't take it personally!

wtf

I'm not that screwed up even when people DON'T know who I am.

I guess asking your company to add a icon to your support chat would be a bad idea, huh?
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Too much testosterone?

What are you supposed to start taking estrogen therapy at work?
      Everything I do goes through...

Think About It Central

Comment

Quoth StockRot View Post
        Grahh, I work at a software company, and part of my job description is to run CS: The contact is *blahblahblah*
        JD: is he any good? does he have a website?
        CS: hes not one our most proficient partners, but hes a good guy.
        Ouch, that was an answer waiting to blow up. Giving a customer any glimmer of a possibility of a problem, and they're going to let you know. Kind of like the time I was trying to rent a house, and was asking about pets. The owner asked is he good, and I made the mistake of saying "yeah, he's pretty good" (IE, he's a dog. Trained, but NO mammal-- dog, human, or teenage kid-- is going to be perfect. Some wear is going to happen... even though it's more likely to come from my seven-year-old than the dog... it's part of renting.) The owner jumped on that, though, and I had to explain that yes, I thought my dog was wonderful, and if you're really worried, I'll give you a larger security deposit.

The answer I usually use in a case like that is along the lines of "I've never heard any complaints about him."

Comment

Why did you tell him he was just so-so? The customer will ALWAYS read into that. Better to be vague with them than truthful about that kind of information. Besides, it's really not important in the end...
          The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Working...
          X