Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's Cool, But You're A Bitch! (somewhat long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's Cool, But You're A Bitch! (somewhat long)

MorningChaser's thread reminded me of this SC I had the other day.

A little BG: I do Tier 1 support for residential and business customers for a certain ISP that won't be named. This call was coming from a small business. Being a Tier 1 agent, you can only troubleshoot so much and if all else fails, they have to contact their OEM.

ME: yours truly
    SC: Sucky Colleague
    C3: Cool Colleague Customer

Me: Thank you for calling <ISP>, this is Tropicsgoddess. How may I help you?
    CC: Hi, can I please speak with <Other Tech's Name> again?
    Me: Lemme check, may I place you on hold?
    C3: Sure

*Put C3 on hold and asked a supervisor if <other tech's name> was available to take the call and found that he wasn't.*

Me: Thanks so much for your patience, I apologize for the wait. Unfortunately <other tech's name> is not available at this time.

C3: Is there anyway you can transfer me to him?

Me: Unfortunately no, since we don't have the capability to transfer calls to a specific agent internally. (which is true).

C3: Oh ok. I was having this error 553 authentication required in Outlook 2007, can you help me with that?

Me: Sure, but first we're gonna look at the settings to make sure that they're correct. *Corrected settings, then had C3 send out test email and voila! Problem solved!*

C3: Oh It works, thank you so much! Oh, and she (SC) wants to talk to you. *hands phone over to SC*

SC: Yeah, we've been having this problem where since <other tech's name> added one profile and deleted another in Windows Mail our boss' account keeps getting this error to enter his network password.

Me: Nine times out of ten this error tends to happen if the wrong username or password was en- *gets cut off by SC*

SC: (raises her voice at me) No! He put in the right information, nothing has changed!

Me: Ma'am I was just explaining to you what that error could be. Now if that's not the case then it could've been due to an update with your antivirus program.

SC: There were no updates on the computer and nothing changed at all!!

Me: Ma'am I understand that and what I was trying to tell you was that error tends to happen mostly because of those two things. But if you're saying that this has been happening since after <other tech's name> added and then deleted another profile on Windows Mail, then there could be a software issue that you may need to contact Microsoft about.

SC: NO IT'S NOT! This is <ISP'S NAME>'s problem! You need to fix it!

Me: Ma'am, you should not be getting this sort of error message if you say that your username and password was correct and that there were no updates with the antivirus program on your computer which is why I have concluded that you would need to contact Microsoft about this.

SC: What is your name?!!

Me: Tropicsgoddess

SC: What is your last name?

Me: *gives out first initial of last name*

SC: What's your supervisor's name?!!

Me: *gives supervisor's name*

SC: I want to speak to Ron and I want him to call me back RIGHT NOW!

Me: What's a good number to reach you?

SC: 123-456-7890

Me: *makes note to supervisor to have <other tech's name to call SC back* OK. I made a note to have <other tech's name> call you back.

*call ends*
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-30-2009, 01:44 AM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

I get callers like that all the time. We're an Internet Provider. We provide you with access to the Internet. Yes, we will go the extra mile sometimes and help you out with things that are not related to our service, but if we can't fix it then WE. CAN'T. FIX. IT.

CH
    Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
      SC: There were no updates on the computer and nothing changed at all!!
      Those words gives me such a headache. Sometimes the customer is just really forgetful or unclear on the meaning of "change."

In a case like this one where you've fixed the problem and they ask you why it happened in the first place you'd think their motive would be preventing the problem from occuring again, wouldn't you?

So you politely explain and they argue with you. NOTHING CHANGED!!!!!. It makes no sense. Why ask the question if you're not going to believe the answer?

One day I realized they don't want helpful answers, they want to play Blame and Complain.

Once I realize the game is Blame and Complain, I now just stop arguing and tell them, "OK ma'am, sir. In that case it looks like there's nothing you can do to prevent this error from happening again. [pause, switch to chipper mode] But now that I've taught how to fix it you should be all set next time it happens."
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X