This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Useful Email Help Requests

After several months of quiet due to being "talked to" about how all her IT requests must go through her manager, my favorite user is at it again. Please note, she is at a remote site across the city from us, and we don't have remote control support for desktop PCs. What follows is the entire body of her e-mail to the IT desk this morning:

"Is there a problem with the program on my computer?"

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

I dont' know if I have anything strong enough to make that go away.

Want to try some of my new brain bleach?
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      "Is there a problem with the program on my computer?"
      Yes, it's a PEBCAK error. These are very serious, and they are usually brought on by an iD10t-type infection. We recommend that you not touch anything, call the company's ITO, then relay this information to him, so that we can deal with the problem and get it fixed once and for all.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Yes, it's a PEBCAK error. These are very serious, and they are usually brought on by an iD10t-type infection. We recommend that you not touch anything, call the company's ITO, then relay this information to him, so that we can deal with the problem and get it fixed once and for all.
        Ok, I caught all the acronyms there except ITO. . .

Eric the Grey
        *hopes he's not showing his ignorance...*
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
          Ok, I caught all the acronyms there except ITO. . .
          Information Technology Officer, based on the context. Comparable to Chief Technology Officer, probably.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            Information Technology Officer, based on the context. Comparable to Chief Technology Officer, probably.
            Heh, gotcha. I Googled it, but there are way too many possibilities for those three letters.

Eric the Grey
            In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              I Googled it,
              I had a suspicion, but I Googled too, to see if I could make sure. And then I saw the list. Yes, WAY too many possibilities, but then I remembered a reference I'd heard elsewhere.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Short Update:

My boss replied to the user's email with one word: Explain

We have still not recieved an answer.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                X