This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid TV call from last week...

Or I might be getting VRS' customers....

Guy calls in with a problem on his TV. His service plan just expired 7 days earlier. Keep in mind the retail store corp introduced a grace period where if a plan expires you now have 14 days to renew it. Also I know our pay-for diagnosis fee is rediculous, but I don't set the prices.

On to the sucky part of the convo....

Me: Being your service plan is expired I can send an agent out to diagnose your set for $150 plus cost of the final parts and labor.

SC: That is insane! My plan just expired, can't you make an exception for me?

Me: If I try to put this service call under your service plan it will be rejected due to it being expired.

SC: That's not very fair to me, it's like you're penalizing me for not calling about this issue sooner.

Me: I'm sorry you feel that way, sir.

SC: Is there anything you can do for me?

Me: Only thing I could suggest is that you still are under a grace period to renew the service plan, once you do that then we can send out an agent under your plan.

SC: Okay fine but I just want to let you know I shouldn't have to do that to get service!

Me: Again I'm sorry but that's the only way to get your TV repair covered under the service plan. Shall I transfer you to the renewal dept?

SC: Go ahead but I want to let you know that after all this I'm calling the BBB!

Me: Thank you for calling (company), please hold for transfer.

What this guy fails to realize is that the cost of renewing the plan is cheaper than paying for parts, labor and the diagnosis fee. The BBB would just laugh at him.
    Last edited by sld72382; 09-18-2009, 04:07 PM.

But their only reply to something like that is "But I need it NOWWWWWW and the customer is always RIIIIIIIIGHT", since they'd actually have to talk to one MORE person in order to get what they want their way.
    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

"SC: Go ahead but I want to let you know that after all this I'm calling the BBB!"

Then why should we bother to help you at all if you are going to report us anyway?

Comment

Quoth sld72382 View Post
        SC: That's not very fair to me, it's like you're penalizing me for not calling about this issue sooner.
        If the issue was that significant why didn't he call about the issue earlier then?
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
          If the issue was that significant why didn't he call about the issue earlier then?
          One part I forgot to mention was that he thought he had another couple of weeks on his service plan when in reality it expired, which is pretty common with quite a few people.

Comment

Working...
          X