X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Honor System

I will now give you the Honor System Virus:

"Your computer has been infected with the Honor System Virus. Please send this message to all the contacts in your e-mail address folder and then format your hard drive. Thank you for your cooperation."

This flew around several years ago and was good for maybe half a chuckle before being deleted. I sent it to a few people without really thinking about it. Not 60 seconds later, my aunt calls me on the phone. She works at a major midwestern university and she is in an absolute panic that I just sent her a virus that might take down the whole university.

O.o

I do love my aunt, but she is SUCH a spaz. I'm not particularly tech savvy (OK, I can tell the difference between a PC and a bale of hay) but I figured just about everybody would get the joke. Oops.
    Hmm...more zombies than usual...

Hee, I had a brain burp when I got that 'virus' but then it sunk-in and I sent it to my friends!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

This is what I remember getting,

"You have just received the Amish virus.

Since we have no electricity or computers, you are on the honor system.
      Please delete all of your files on your hard drive. Then forward this message to everyone in your address book.

We thank thee."

Comment

Working...
      X