This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein the Angel almost makes a faculty member cry

So, today, I'm working the late shift, noon to 8pm.

I got in a little early, talk to the admin asst a little before she went to lunch. The other tech, my minion, who usually works the late shift, had already gone to lunch, so I was alone.

To set the stage, I was, and I emphasize WAS, in a good mood. I had gotten plenty of sleep, played WoW and napped with my kittens, all before work.

To name the players.

Me: The wonderful and cute lil' Technical Angel.
    SC: Professor of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
    Tech: My minion, on his last few days of work.
    OtherTech: Head of the Helpdesk, she's out for the day. My manager.

The phone rang.. (dun dun dunnnnnnnn) (Following conversation is not word for word...)

SC: "This is SC. Where's my laptop? Someone was supposed to bring my laptop over at noon. WHERE IS IT?"

ME: "Well, I'm by myself right now, and I wasn't working on your laptop, so I'm not sure of the status. Let me get ahold of Tech and find out what's going on with it."

SC: "Why do you have talk to Tech? OtherTech was working on it."

Me: "Well, OtherTech is out today."

SC: "Well, when I'm going to get it? At 4PM??"

Me: "It will not be that long. Let me get ahold of Tech and find out what's going on and where it is."

Before she hung up, I had to hear more about how it was supposed to be there at noon, and it wasn't and that was horrible, and rawr rawr rawr.

So, I call Tech. He says it's done, and where it is.
    I call back SC, and tell her that, unfortunately, I don't have any work study to take it over, and since I'm alone, I can't leave the phones.

So she comes over and gets it.

Once again, let me repeat, I knew nothing about the laptop. I did not pick it up from her, I didn't work on it, I didn't hear anything about it.

So she shows up, still throwing a fit, about me not knowing anything about it, about it supposing to be there at noon, and having to walk alllllllllll the way over to pick it up.

I hand her the laptop.

SC: "WHERE'S MY CDS?????"

I assume the cds lying next to the laptop were hers, so I get them for her. She got even more flustered and angry because they weren't all in the case. So she starts putting them back in.

SC: "WHERE'S MY CASE???????"

I assume she means a laptop case. I search all over, and see no laptop case. Finally, through her ranting, I come ro realize she's talking about a CD case. So I assume the one next to the CDs was hers.

SC: "WHERE'S MY LEOPARD? THAT'S MY COPY OF LEOPARD, NOT THE SCHOOL'S! WHERE IS IT????????"

I search all over OtherTech's office, (Who happens to be the head of the helpdesk) and find no copy of Leopard.

I try to explain it to her, and that we'll bring it to her tomorrow when OtherTech is back, and can track it down.

Well, of course, that's not good enough. That's HER copy of Leopard, and she wants it.

I keep explaining that we'll get it to her tomorrow.

She finally leaves.

And Rest. And call OtherTech, and report everything. AND find out the secret location of the Leopard CD.

Oh, wait, the sound of feet clomping through the door, it's SC!!

SC: "IT'S NOT DONE! I WAS TOLD IT WAS DONE! IF THIS ISN'T DONE, HOW DO I KNOW THAT EVERYTHING ELSE IS DONE???????"

She shows me the back on the laptop, and I see a big gaping hole where the Memory cover should be.

She's ranting and raving, and going on about how she had to walk ALLLLLL the way over here (There's only one building separating my building from her's), and she hasn't had lunch, (Dude, it's noon thirty, and I'm here helping you. I haven't had lunch either.) and she needs her laptop for her classes, and the world's going to end, and blah blah blah.

So, I take the laptop, and head back to OtherTech's office, while she's STILL raving, and thankfully, find the panel and screws. I falter around trying to get the panel back on until I realize I have to remove the battery first.. and then the panel on, and there TWO SCREWS LEFT OVER!!!!

I hear MORE people come in, and almost shout with relief when I hear Tech's voice. I call him into the office, and he points out immediately where the two screws went and started putting them in for me.

Meanwhile, the Sever Admin, who came in with Tech, asked SC if she was being helped. She then related the entire tale to him, sounding like she was almost crying. Like I was in there operating on her dog, instead of a stupid laptop. I mean, almost crying because a few mix-ups over your laptop. GET A LIFE.

At that point, totally disgusted, I stepped back. Tech took her back her laptop, while I search for her copy of Leopard. Of course, I'm a PC girl. I don't know what I'm looking for. So, Tech comes back and finds it right off the bat. We walk back to her, and she has her laptop booted, I guess to make sure we did what we were supposed to do.

She's finally happiness and light when she walked out the door. I'm STILL pissed.

After I cooled a little, I called my manager (OtherTech) back, and related the rest of the tale. She said she had emailed SC, since she couldn't reach her on the phone, and don't worry about anything else. She'll take it up with Big Boss, and Big Boss will take her attitude up with SC's boss... like they've done many a time before.

Now, I go home and play WoW for an hour.
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Quoth technical.angel View Post
    So, I take the laptop, and head back to OtherTech's office, while she's STILL raving, and thankfully, find the panel and screws. I falter around trying to get the panel back on until I realize I have to remove the battery first.. and then the panel on, and there TWO SCREWS LEFT OVER!!!!
    Heh. Funny. You had two screws left over when she had a few screws loose. You shoulda offered 'em to her.
    Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Leopard disc: round, flat thing, purple-black, with a big X on it... about as unlike a leopard as you can get. The Jaguar discs at least had a spotted, furry X.

How the blank does someone walk off with their laptop and not notice a chunk missing off it?
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I also love it how"tech" was the savoir since he knew where everything was and your psychic abilities weren't working well that day.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Well, I guess even *I* can have an off day. :P
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
          X