• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid customer

regualer average computer genius calling about his internet serivce

me: thank you for calling blah blah blah

sc: your modem made my computer crash

me: i do apologize for that inconvinience but are equipment is not linked directly to the computer to make the cpu crash

sc: im an IT from a high company and i would know weather or not its you'z guy'zes fault my computer broke

megot his account info checked his modem and verified his modem was online) whats seems to be going on in your computer at this time?

sc: i was on the internet surfing when i went to your sight and my screen went dark and i was suddenly not able to turn my computer back on.

(really raise your hand if your iq is over 5 and if you know what the problem is already)

me: is your computer plugged in

sc: i never touched the wires

me: could you please check for me

sc:YOU WERE RIGHT! the surge protecter switch was off i must have stepped on it. what ever BYE!

learn common sense people before you call your internet provider GOD!!!!!!
    CONVERGYS/COMCAST'S FINEST OVER THE PHONE SLAVE "TAKING CRAP FROM EACH CUSTOMER WITH HALF OF WHAT THE REAL EMPLOYEE FROM COMCAST GETS PAID AND A SMILE AND AN APOLOGY!

Heh, that customer:

A) Got his IT certifications from the back of a cereal box.
    B) Got his college degree from the back of a cereal box.
    C) Knew someone dumb enough to make him a part of a company's IT department.
    D) (If A and B don't apply) Lacks education and common sense.

His ignorance, arrogance and stupidity is enough to make me fume with rage.

I hope you find a better job soon buddy.
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Frankly, I'd think one could get a better quality of IT certification out of a box of Cracker Jacks.

Ugh. You have my sympathies and have a glass of wine on me.

*sending virtual bottle of Merlot*
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
        Heh, that customer:

A) Got his IT certifications from the back of a cereal box.
        B) Got his college degree from the back of a cereal box.
        C) Knew someone dumb enough to make him a part of a company's IT department.
        D) (If A and B don't apply) Lacks education and common sense.

His ignorance, arrogance and stupidity is enough to make me fume with rage.

I hope you find a better job soon buddy.
        or E) is a big fat liar. I catch people in that all the time working for a web hosting company. I usually just call them on it and instead of dumbing things down talk as if I'm talking to an admin. Usually they stammer and sputter a bit before explaining that they were saying that to get us to help them faster. >:-D

Generally, customers who escalate to L3 generally find out how bad of an idea it is. we're basically above reproach and can say and do things any L1/L2 can't. It makes things fun. :-D
        Coworker: Distro of choice?
        Me: Gentoo.
        Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
          Generally, customers who escalate to L3 generally find out how bad of an idea it is. we're basically above reproach and can say and do things any L1/L2 can't. It makes things fun. :-D
          I wanna work for your company.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            I wanna work for your company.
            Well, obviously, I can't abuse the customer outright, but if they're being stupid I *CAN* put them in their place. :-D I had a coworker (another L3) tell a customer "Look, either you can get off my phone and let me get your site back online, or keep me here and it'll take longer to resume service." after being grilled about why her site's down for hardware failure for about 15 minutes. She got off the phone fast. :-D
            Coworker: Distro of choice?
            Me: Gentoo.
            Coworker: Ahh. A Masochist. I thought so.

Comment

Quoth Midorikawa View Post
              or E) is a big fat liar. I catch people in that all the time working for a web hosting company. I usually just call them on it and instead of dumbing things down talk as if I'm talking to an admin. Usually they stammer and sputter a bit before explaining that they were saying that to get us to help them faster. >:-D
              Yep. You can easily tell who knows IT and who doesn't within 5 seconds of them opening their mouth.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
              X