X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not my day today.....

*posting this here because it involves work-related computer issues*

Within the past few years, it was decided that the city's computer system has been changed to where each staff member has their own Windows account at work, and in the library department, that password is linked to the circulation software we use. This is a huge pain in the ass because the system requires a password change every 30 days or so, and it NEVER changes over as smoothly as one would think. In addition, our internal IT department has also been doing re-imaging on computers, and they were scheduled to do this at our branch library today.

So what did this mean for me? Somehow, doing this re-imaging process, something got majorly messed up with my Windows account.......without going into detail, I'm linked to staff printers at the main library instead of my own branch, and since I had to change my Windows password the system has shut me out of our circulation software and Windows. The issue wasn't resolved by the time we'd closed, but in the meantime, one of our circulation staff was cool enough to log me into her Windows/circulation software account on my computer, so I could at least get most of my work done.

It's just human to make mistakes, but if you want to mess things totally, you got to use computer....

Comment

*had completely forgotten that I'd ever posted about this*

Fortunately, the password changes I've had to do since then have gone smoothly.......although we still occasionally have problems with the computers in the staff workroom not showing connections to the printer which we normally use.

Comment

Quoth Web_Pict View Post
        It's just human to make mistakes, but if you want to mess things totally, you got to use computer....
        "Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other human invention...

Except Tequila."
        "My experience has taught me one thing. A shaved cat is much angrier than an unshaved cat."
        Chester Holiday Apartment

Comment

Working...
        X