This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't want to bother them?

So, my CW that sits closest to my desk is having trouble with the reporting in <software>. Reports that she has to use every day to do her job.

While I'm Tier 1/Tier 2 help desk, I'm not software support. Once your PC runs and the software is installed, issues go to the <software vendor/support>.

Short convo:

CW: AARGH! Every time I try to run my report <software> crashes!\

Me: Did you try rebooting your PC?

CW: Twice, but it didn't help.

Me: Okay, well, not much I can do for you since I'm not that familiar with <software> beyond the installation and initial setup. You should probably call <software vendor/support> and let them know. They'll probably have a fix. Otherwise, I can uninstall and reinstall the software for you to see if that resolves it.

CW: No, I don't want to bother <software vendor/support>.

Me: You don't want to bother them to fix your problem?

CW: No, but I don't want to bother you either. I'll just wait and see if it fixes itself tomorrow.

Me: Oookay. Good luck with that.

So, you have a problem and you know who can help resolve it, but you don't want to bother them? Guess she's on her own now because I have no sympathy for her at this point.

Being a "Software support" person myself

Arrrgghhhh!!!!

That is all
    I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

In a few weeks they will contact the support people and whine how they need it NOOOOOWWWW and why they haven't fixed it yet.

Comment

Working...
      X