This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomorrow's Prices....Today!

Don't you just LOVE IT when people ask this? (from yesterday)

Me: Thank you for calling Staples, this is Dave1982. How can I help you?

SC:.......................

Me: Hello?

SC:........Hi, my name is Mike Rotch (not his real name of course).

ME: How are you?

SC: Fine. Listen, I work for the [Boston] Globe......

*ready to immediately put him through to the management, as we aren't supposed to talk to the press without permission. my finger is poised over the Manager Hold button*

SC:....and so I have access to your flyer. The one going out in the paper for next week........

*Great. I know where THIS is going!*

SC:......I see here that you'll have a digital camera and printer combo on sale for $xxx.xx?

Me: OK, fine. I don't have access to that flyer, so I'll take your word for that. What about it?

SC: Well, I'm wondering if I can come in today and get the price from next week's flyer.

Me: Absolutely not.

SC: *stuttering and stammering* Oh, well, uh, um.....ah.....do you have it in stock?

Me: I don't know, sir. Let me transfer you to that department. *slaps Business Machines Hold, hangs up. I should have just hung up*

Tomorrows prices today.........NO WAY IN HELL! My opinion of the Boston Globe just went down a notch, you IDIOT.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Heh, dummy. I work at a paper and I have access to those flyers, too. But I just make a note of stuff that interests me and the dates for it and then go on. I still have an advantage...just not a STUPID one.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

In case anyone didn't know, Mike Rotch is the long lost twin of Mike Hunt.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post

In case anyone didn't know, Mike Rotch is the long lost twin of Mike Hunt.
        I thought that was Mike Hawk. Damn, I think I have my Mikes confused

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X