This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't argue with me...

Lets try to remember something here. You are having an issue with one of the systems that my dept works with day in and day out. We have had to train ourselves and find al lthe little hoops bells and whistles to jump through, ring and or blow to get things working.

When I fix your issue and advise you of another issue with the system that does not IMPACT the equipment and is actually just cosmetic don't argue with me. You called me for help. The equipment that needed to be changed was changed and I would just need to do one more step to get things working. Though you seem to want to CLING to this one little thing. Maybe it makes you feel better but it makes me want to come through the phone and punch you in the face!

Its bad enough your so damn eager to push your work off on someone else. Then you want to second guess me. The procedure I used puts any pertinent info into a work que in the system though doesn't leave any "record" on the order search database. its how it works. Hence why I couldn't see the failed order you had. Cause it was in your work que not on the account record.

UGH!!!! wheres my squishy ball.

Argh I get these all the times. What I would LIKE to say to them (ofcouse, I also LOVE my current job) is

"You called me for help. This gives you two choices. Take it or leave it."
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
      "You called me for help. This gives you two choices. Take it or leave it."
      Why wouldn't you say it? I've said it to the more argumentative customers in a matter of fact tone of voice..in between the scripted lines anyway.
      Make a list of important things to do today.
      At the top of your list, put 'eat chocolate'
      Now, you'll get at least one thing done today

Comment

I've come across some of the brave souls who state the facts to the customers. It's admirable as hell, I wish I had the schutzpa to backhand the ignorant many. However, since my job hinges on a company that wants tech support to be customer service with a twist, I have to spend more time kissing ass and less time troubleshooting.
        The only thing great about working tech support is that it's not customer service.

Comment

Working...
        X