This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT is NOT paying for that

Recently i got a Email from out Finance folks about a new monitor, keyboard and mouse that was purchased by a user. I check the Help Desk software and out IT members and no one authorized it. Nothing.

Turns out the monitor was having a legit issue that would have needed replacement and the mouse was a old mouse with a ball, so we would have replaced it. But since the user did it on their part, they will have to get their dept to pay for it. Soooo...lucky me gets the task of telling the user that they will need to find a way to pay for it as we are not because proper procedures were not followed.

I email the user who did this, and CC finance guy and tell them that because procedures were not followed (we have a support contract that would have paid for the monitor replacement) IT will not be be paying the monitor just the keyboard and mouse and we will treat the monitor as someone who wanted a new and better monitor, which is a dept responsibility.

User is not happy, and emails my boss and his boss (finance guy) about how it is our fault user had to spend their time to fix this issue. Finance guy responds, "that was you choice, you chose to ignore standard HD policy and deal with it on you own. IT could have investigated and swapped monitors and mice/kb within the day it was you choice to spend hours of you time on this. I will be talking to you dept. head on where the monitor cost will come from." User has not been heard form since.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    User has not been heard form since.
    If only more stories ended this way...
    Flood

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
      User has not been heard form since.
      As we had him buried in concrete
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
        As we had him buried in concrete
        And threw him into a lake.

Who wants cake?
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
        X