This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For installation help...

I know this section is generally considered the province of technical stuff, but it seemed the fitting place for this:

Do I really need to say more?

Please forgive the poor quality of the photos, my phone's camera really isn't that great.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Is that...a manual and a tech support number...for a SINK STOPPER? Wow.

Comment

And some chainsaws say, "do not stop with hands, feet and/or genitals" but honestly, if you need that warning you probably shouldn't reproduce. I saw something else that was extremely common that even young children just entering school could figure out having detailed directions, just can't remember what
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
        And some chainsaws say, "do not stop with hands, feet and/or genitals" but honestly, if you need that warning you probably shouldn't reproduce.
        I'd say if you need those directions, the reproduction problem has taken care of itself.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Best. Tech support job. Ever.
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
            I don't know thehuckster. The only saving grace might be that if they can't figure out a stopper, they may be unable to dial a phone, so you'd have plenty of free time. But GK's Pants People manage to call, so....

On a related note, all our chems at work now have very large lettering (second only to the name itself) warning 'Do Not Drink.' I found this amusing in and of its own, but just yesterday thought about the target audience: Those tempted to drink window cleaner, BUT who can read and follow instructions. I'm guessing that Venn diagram has a pretty shallow intersect.

And nice catch Kittish - I chortled.
            Last edited by sms001; 08-22-2011, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Wow, the sheer fact that anyone thought this was needed proves how stupid the population has become. Idiocracy here we come.

Comment

That puts me in mind of the exam our maths teacher used to give us once in a while. At the top would be the instructions, Read the whole paper before answering any questions.

At the bottom of 3 pages of differential equations etc.... No not answer any questions, fill in your name at the top and hand back to the teacher.

Mind have you never seen a packet of peanut M&Ms - "Warning may contain nuts".
                Not y3k compatible

Comment

They haven't gone nearly far enough.

They need to add at one warning:

"Do not insert in any personal orifice."
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                    You mean you'd *want* to deal with anyone who'd need to call that number? My brain cells are trying to flee just thinking of them!

Comment

Quoth Evandril View Post
                      You mean you'd *want* to deal with anyone who'd need to call that number? My brain cells are trying to flee just thinking of them!
                      From an entertainment standpoint, I'd love it.

User: "So where do I put this this thing?"
                      Me: "Ok, are you beside your sink right now?"
                      User: "Yes."
                      Me: "Okay, good. Now look at the very bottom of the sink, do you see the hole?"
                      User: "I don't see a hole."
                      Me: "Okay, is there any water in the sink?"
                      User: "No."
                      Me: "Are you sure? Sometimes--"
                      User: "Look, I already told you, there's no water in the sink! Where's the hole?"
                      Me: "Please describe the sink."
                      User: "It's large, rectangular, and it has milk and cheese inside, no water."
                      Me: "Ah, there's where the confusion is. You're looking at the refrigerator."
                      User: "Well, excuse me! I don't know these technical terms."
                      Me: "I know, I understand it can be difficult to know everything about your kitchen. Now, let me show you where the sink is..."
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                        Wow, the sheer fact that anyone thought this was needed proves how stupid the population has become.
                        That's because *society* is the problem. Instead of coddling idiots, we should be screaming "Look you fucking moron..." at them. But, nobody has the balls to do that. That's why stupidity isn't going down. By *rewarding* stupid people (be it through lawsuits, after they've injured themselves doing something stupid), or marketing to people dumber than they are (Paris Hilton, for example), we're adding to the problem. I'm all for removing warning labels, and letting the problem take care of itself.

OK, rant over The only way I could see a tech manual for a sink stopper...would be if some sort of gasket was required, or if you had to modify the opening a bit. Otherwise, are you kidding me?
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So, how many people on this thread have called that number?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                            So, how many people on this thread have called that number?
                            I didn't call that number, but I visited their website. I couldn't find the sink stopper.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Just remember for every "duuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrr" warning label and "Do you actually have a pulse and measurable brain function?" phone number, there is a Darwin winner (or future candidate) responsible for it.

I say take 'em all off and let Darwin run wild through the id10ts.

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X