This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You stole our property!

Hubs works as a contractor for the local cable company. He gets a call the other day from a neighbor down the road, and after all is said and done has to replace the modem. He leaves, and all is well... until his lead calls and asks about the customer's personal modem that they're claiming hubs stole.

Hubs checks his paperwork, repeats the number on the modem, and all is resolved... until his BOSS calls about the personal modem he stole!

So he gets to repeat the numbers again to his boss. And all is well. FINALLY.

That is generally why I try to avoid doing things for neighbors, especially the ones I know like to cause drama.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Oops, explained it wrong...

The call he got was through work. This was work-related, not him being a friendly repairman.

Comment

Wait...they wanted to keep the broken modem? o_O

It sounds to me like the one yer hubs took as Company Property, not personal. In other words, he was doing his job.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

sounds like they were trying to claim he "stole" it in order to avoid paying for the new item

Comment

Working...
          X