This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hat Trick!

So I work for a small ISP out in the middle of the USA. We offer a variety of services, and unfortunately for me, from time to time circumstances dictate that some customers can no longer receive reliable service. Unfortunately for me, I got three of these calls in a row.

The first one: wireless internet customer, advised him we can't service him anymore due to local radio interference. 30 minutes of him yelling at me about how it's disgraceful he can't get high speed service and all we have to do is put in the same antenna we gave his neighbor. (Problem, his neighbor has line of site to the broadcast point, he however does not). I told him that we have literally tried every single combination of antennas for his location, none of them work! His response was "So basically you;re telling me to F--- off, you don't want my business."

Second call: We have a another wireless point that has been under maintenance for a significant chunk of time. Yeah it sucks, but thems the breaks in a rural area. So this lovely call I get yelled at because the broadcast point still isn't fixed. It can't be fixed because the part we need are on order. Cue me taking another half hour butt chewing over that one. Made worse by the fact that this customer is on a wireless technology that relies on line of sight. She doesn't have it, she's going through 3 tree lines!

Third call: customer with DSL service complains of poor speeds. Check his service out and his modem links at only 800kbps. He's provisioned for something like 8Mbps. Check his loop details...someone sold him an advanced DSL plan while he's waaaaaaaay too far out to get it to him. So I get to break the bad news to him that we need to downgrade him. Cue more yelling and screaming.

The running theme is each one acts all offended that they can't get good speeds. MAYBE IF THEY DIDN'T LIVE IN THE MIDDLE OF B.F.E. THEY COULD GET SOMETHING LIKE THE BROADBAND WE OFFER IN LARGER COMMUNITIES!!!!
    I needs more alcohol for days like this.

One of the few benefits about living in an area full of businesses is thta i have pretty strong broadband, the downside is that they always schedule maintainance for the weekend when i need to use it.

Comment

Ironically, U-Verse around here gives faster speeds to the people in BFE, because they have to run a new line for them. Of course, they charge for that on the install.

Comment

Working...
      X