Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein non-bank tech support controls bank accounts.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein non-bank tech support controls bank accounts.

ME: Thank you for calling [Company name tech support department] this is Blade_Raver, how can I help you?

SC: I didn't receive my paycheck.

ME: You're unable to login to the [company] paycheck site?

SC: No. My paycheck didn't show up in my bank account.

ME: I can understand that happening. Granted it's Friday 12:30am CST and banks are closed. Sometimes the paycheck doesn't show deposited until open of business day.

SC: I go through [bank] and for the last 6 years the check shows up at midnight on paydays. Something's screwed up in your system and you need to fix it.

ME: Okay. I'd recommend contacting payroll during normal business hours.

SC: It's half past midnight, they're not staffed.

ME: Exactly. This is an issue that has to be resolved by either payroll or your bank.

SC: This is a pain in my ass. I want this fixed now!

ME: I'm sorry, but this isn't a tech support issue. This is a payroll not paying you or a bank not receiving deposit issue.

SC: I don't care. I want you to fix this now.

ME: I don't have access to payroll's resources nor do I have access to your bank account, therefore I cannot help in this situation. You willl have to wait until 8am and call payroll to get this resolved.

SC: Thanks for nothing *click*
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Sounds like my work.. I can only verify if your account to LOG IN, is hitting the server. I have no password reset or any ability to look at ANYTHING. Yet I get that same attitude..
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

IF he waits till later in the day then his money will show up when it's meant to. He ought to know that but he doesn't & that's why he's a SC...lol.

Comment

The SC's beef was with either the bank or payroll department, not tech support.

SC had no business being on my phone from the start.
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Sounds like a conversation I had with one of my company's interns.

For whatever reason, his direct-deposit quit working. I got asked to take care of it, since I work in IT. Yes, I know that I can handle fixing computers. However, according to the company personnel manual (which he signed) any payroll problems are left to the employee. Sorry buttmuch, but I draw the line at personal info. I don't know your banking details, nor do I want to. You either changed accounts, or your details. Not dealing with it, and there's nothing you can do about it. You want it fixed, *you* take care of it.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X