Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huh? Did you really mean that or are you punking me?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh? Did you really mean that or are you punking me?

I went into the local video games store to see if they had Diablo 3 and what price they had it for.

M: Me
    C: Clerk.

M: What price is Diablo 3 and do you have it in?
    C: Its £XX and we are sold out. Can I put you on the reserve list?
    M: (I can see it for at least £10 below this anyway) No, I'm just checking prices right now, I'm going to have to wait access to the demo to be available to check if I can play it on my machine.
    C: Oh, just go to the website, if you can view their gameplay videos the game will play. Its the same graphics after all.
    M: Oh, I didn't think of that.

It took me a good five minutes to straighten out my brain after that.

Viewing a online video is not the same as actually playing the game! And yes, I can view the videos. No, I most probably can't play the game - my graphics card isn't supported (although there is a workaround).
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Is your graphics card actually listed on the "not supported" list, or just not shown in the "supported" list? If it's the latter, you might still be ok.

And WTF? to the clerk- Watching a video is the same as playing a game??? Dude, here's an Etch-A-Sketch. You don't get anything more powerful until you buy a clue.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      Is your graphics card actually listed on the "not supported" list, or just not shown in the "supported" list? If it's the latter, you might still be ok.
      Its officially on the "not supported list". Due to being a low end laptop its only a Intel GMA 4 series (Yes, I know, I need a new laptop or desktop. Its about 100th on the list right now!). There is a workaround where you can trick it into using lower settings but some people are saying it runs really slowly and some say their machine doesn't respond to the workaround at all.

The thing that scared me is that this guy works in a gaming store - how many other people has he told that to? I'm tempted to follow through on the Etch a Sketch idea now though...
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
      X