This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewing Through the Straps in the Mornings

What follows is the entire email I just recieved, edited for revealing details. Mind, I have had no other contact with this individual until this point. See if you can spot what's missing:

I talked with <Lady Tech> from <3rd Party Software> about this issue she told me it was our server. Please address this issue ASAP.

Thanks
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Quoth Geek King View Post
    See if you can spot what's missing:
    A shred of common sense?

oh, name, company, contact info, would be nice. maybe the actual issue details? good luck with this one GK.

Comment

*scratches head* Okay, so what is the problem the third party software is having with the server? Is it causing an epic meltdown, rather than just kicking it hard? Is it refusing to run at all? Does it lock up the moment you do anything? WHAT?!

This is as stupid as saying that the DVD player "won't work." How. Does. It. Not. WORK?!

I hope at least you can get a hold of them via the email addy... just resist the urge to type in,

"Sir or Ma'am. Without further information on the issue, I cannot resolve the issue. I'm not a mind reader nor do I normally use third party software to even have a chance of running into issues. If you wish this issue to be resolved, please email me with your name/contact info and a proper description of the issue.

P.S. Please do not tell me "it won't work," because again, I'm not a mind reader."
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I talked with <Lady Tech> from <3rd Party Software> about this issue she told me it was our server. Please address this issue ASAP.Thanks
        "This Issue"..... uhm... what issue?

GeekKing need more input

<cookies for the ref>
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
          "This Issue"..... uhm... what issue?

GeekKing need more input

<cookies for the ref>
          Immediate visions of Number Five

Need more input.

NO dissasemble!!

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

What follows is the entire email I just recieved, edited for revealing details. Mind, I have had no other contact with this individual until this point. See if you can spot what's missing:

I talked with <Lady Tech> from <3rd Party Software> about this issue she told me it was our server. Please address this issue ASAP.

Thanks
            This sounds like me doing some tech support for my mom. The word for word description she gave me:

I had the screen give me a message and I pressed enter to confirm and this happened. (no signal to monitor)

Seemed like a glitch prompted a video card error as it resolved itself later but god only knows what the problem was.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
              I had the screen give me a message and I pressed . . . .
              LOVED the support discussions that started with "There was some error message a few days ago..."

Comment

Dear sir, madam or neuter,

Ref. your unspecified problem with something vaguely technical that may involve our server. I haven't got a clue because you haven't given me one. Try turning it off and on again?

No love,

The Tech
                I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Oh that's like at work when I've done an install of phone lines/dsl whatever and I get a call or an email...so and so says their phone line doesn't work. Doesn't work HOW? No dial tone? no inbound calls? feature doesn't work? WHAT???
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                    Oh that's like at work when I've done an install of phone lines/dsl whatever and I get a call or an email...so and so says their phone line doesn't work. Doesn't work HOW? No dial tone? no inbound calls? feature doesn't work? WHAT???
                    But it doesn't work!

I don't understand why this is taking so long. This is terrible service!

Get me your manager now!

Comment

What I "love" is the people who think everything is "the server" and/or that we only have one server. People come to my door asking "is the server down?" when they can't get on the wireless network. I told one lady that I was waiting for a server to reboot and she immediately asked "is the server down?". THE server? This happened while I was standing in a server room. You know, with multiple servers in it.

And then there's the people who refer to their local computer as "the server"...

Comment

I love the work orders from teachers that start "I have a student who..."

Yes, I'm sure you have a student. Significantly more than one, in fact.

Now WHICH ONE??

Comment

and sometimes it is not even the "server" that is screwed up.

back when I worked on an IBM S/36 everything was done on terminals (or PCs hooked up via a special terminal emulator card and f-ed up Twinax). People could just not get it throught their heads that the terminals were just "dumb" input/output devices and had NO computing capability.

But I would ALWAYS hear "HEY my computer is not working".
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Remember TVs/monitors with a vertical hold control? I'd get service calls: "The camera is flipping over!"

Old son, which end of the horse have you been feeding?

No wonder it bucks... a bale of hay stuffed up there has to scratch a little.
                            Last edited by dalesys; 08-21-2012, 09:48 PM. Reason: phrasing
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

My first thought was that it started with buck-passing.

So the third party software support people said this issue wasn't their problem, go ask someone else? Considering how contact with your company was initiated, I can't say as I blame them!
                              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                              X