This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF Apple?!

I'm ready to throw out my iPod, which I don't use anyway, and erase iTunes from my computer completely.

I want to download a song. Problem is, when I'm prompted to enter my apple ID and password, it pops up the box to enter those again and says "unknown error."

When I re-enter my ID and password, it pops up another window asking if I forgot my password and saying I need to retrieve it.

I know I have not entered anything incorrectly. That would pop up a different error.

This has been going on for about an hour. Sometimes it will go a little bit before popping up these error messages. I've tried restarting the computer, in case there are some settings screwed up.

Anybody else having this problem? Story of my life right here--anytime I have a song I really want to download, or a post I really want to make, there's a problem that makes me wait.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm guessing you're using the latest version?

I went and Googled this, and it turns out you're not the only one having this issue (https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0)

Keep in mind that the instructions in that link only pertain to XP and Mac OS X, along with Vista, I have no idea how you even do this in Windows 7, but apparently the "SC Info" folder is the cause of this error you're having

Comment

I had found information on how to delete that folder on Windows 7, but it didn't fix the problem.

However, I can now report that the problem seems to be fixed, and my song is downloading now. Yay. Must've been a temporary belch.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Either that, or the iPod knew that you were getting ready to ditch it, and wanted some revenge. It's an Apple product. They can do that.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X