Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to backtrack to a previous version of Sims 3?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to backtrack to a previous version of Sims 3?

I have Sims 3. Generally, the game and I get along very well. Every now and again, though, it will be very crashy for seemingly no reason. A new patch just came out recently, I downloaded it, and the game has been crashing ever since. It'll start up, get through the loading screen process, but as soon as I go into the CAS, it'll shut down. I've tried playing both with and without my custom content, and the result is the same.

Thus, I'm calling out to my fellow Simmers- Is there a way to go back to a previous version of the game? Also, is anyone else having this problem and, if so, how did you fix it?
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Try to see if the update shows up in the program list in the Install/Uninstall programs section of Control Panel.

Comment

Are you running it through Steam or Origin?
      I was using steam until recently when I reinstalled the game via origin & now it seems to be more stable than it was & running smoother.

Otherwise, from what I've read, the only way to roll back a patch seems to be uninstalling the games & reinstalling them..... after saving a copy of your saves & custom content of course.
      Good luck, hope you're happily simming again soon
      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Steam does have a "verify local game cache" feature. Have you tried that?

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
          Steam does have a "verify local game cache" feature. Have you tried that?
          Quoth Cazzi View Post
          Are you running it through Steam or Origin?
          I was using steam until recently when I reinstalled the game via origin & now it seems to be more stable than it was & running smoother.
          Yeah, I'm running it through Origin even though I'm not overly a fan of it (their response to forgotten passwords and any other issue is horrendously slow, I've found). I don't know if I even *could* run it through Steam because I have the actual discs and not digital downloads.

If I have to reinstall the games (or, heck, even just the base game), I will. I can easily move my saves and custom content to a secure location in the meantime.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Do you have any mods installed? Sometimes that gives you a problem with any new patches. I mostly play my game vanilla except for the remove censor blur. Otherwise you will have to backup your saves and uninstall then reinstall. There is a forum I goto on yuku.com called n99 they have a lot of tech help. When I turn on my computer tomorrow I can give you the actual link.
            "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

If you have actual discs, look for a "CD KEY" code or similar. You should be able to plug that into Steam.

Comment

Update- Ok, since removing a digital download version of the Generations EP, my game seems to...well, it runs and it no longer crashes in the CAS, but now it's doing something new. My sister got me the World Bundle pack for my birthday, which comes with both Monte Vista and Hidden Springs. I installed both of them, and here's what's been happening:

1) I keep getting 'Error Code 12'd when I try to save the game. Even if I'd successfully saved it once, the error comes up later.

2) Despite previously mentioned successful save, my newest game keeps disappearing.

3) Monte Vista isn't showing up in my 'InstalledWorlds' folder or on the list of worlds in-game despite my repeated installing it.

Comment

My 'edit' button on the forum seems to be broken, so I'll just make a new post- I've fixed my game, I think. I reinstalled the base game, let it update all its patches, and it seems to be running just fine now.

Comment

Working...
                  X