This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle?

I just tried opening a book in Kindle (on my PC; I don't have the handheld kind).

A little note popped up telling me that:

"The book could not be opened. Please remove the book from your device and redownload it."

But if I do that, I'll have to pay for it again. And it's not limited to one book in the library; it's happened with four or five of them, so far.

What do I do?

Contact Amazon. There is a good chance they will let you re-download them.

From past experience, they are pretty good. I had some bad music downloads. Turned out, the they had corrupt MP3s. They had to re-rip the CD.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Where are you buying them from? I'm not overly familiar w/ the DRM involved in text, but I've never heard of Amazon double charging. Perhaps contact the seller? Any sort of commonality amongst the ones that won't open? (All .azw, all .mobi) Can you open others since this started happening?

Comment

The books you have bought at Amazon should be under your Kindle account. You should be able to reload them without charge.

Comment

Just delete them from you library, go back into the archives and re-download from there. It won't charge you again. Happened to me before.

Comment

I did. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X