This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also hate Yahoo ... *sigh*

After my debacle with Bell and Sympatico (which is still not over, despite the fact a collection agency has confirmed I've paid off my debt to them), I decided never again to make my ISP my primary email address. So I went with Yahoo.

About a week ago, this primary email address suddenly stopped showing anything new. I've tried sending myself stuff from other addresses. I don't get a 'blocked' or 'suspended' or 'closed' notice ... it just never shows up in my inbox. I've checked my profile; there's nothing there to indicate somebody at Yahoo is Very Unhappy With Me.

Anybody else ever have this happen? Am I overlooking something? Or do I have to call Yahoo and try to get the mess untangled that way?

P.S. I hope this is in the right thread, by the way ... it's not actually a technical issue, but ...

Yahoo! has serious lag issues at times. Mail I've sent from my 'public' account to my Yahoo account occasionally takes as much as two days to appear. I've never seen it go a week, though.

Yahoo is also currently undergoing 'improvements' which might affect mail service. I know it's botched their forum groups.

Just for the record, I don't rely on Yahoo for anything that might be important. For stuff that matters, I use Hotmail or Gmail, and I've never had a problem with either.

Comment

Yes, I had this problem with a forum I visit fairly frequently. I thought the same thing. I tested it with my Gmail and the notifications for threads showed up like a charm. So it's yahoo. Contacting Yahoo is a lesson in patience because the consensus is that unless you have a paid account, they'll just tell you to look on their help pages or email for help and they'll eventually get back to you. Basically non paying members don't mean that much to them.

I highly recommend gmail. I've never had a problem that they couldn't fix that took more than 24 hours.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Thanks, guys. Looks like it's time to switch to Gmail.

Comment

Working...
        X