This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those constant Firefox crashes

What is to be done about them? Firefox crashed three times yesterday and just did its first nose-dive today. I just checked it, and it's up-to-date. What else can I do to keep it from crashing?

Joke answer: Get a better browser.

Real help: What are you doing when it crashes? Is it crashing on start-up? Is it when you go to a specific site? Is it crashing after a specific amount of time running?
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Try booting Firefox in Safe mode by holding Option+Clicking the Firefox icon (Mac), or by holding Shift and clicking the Firefox button in the quick launch tray (windows). There's an article about it here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-safe-mode

Comment

Are any add-ins your using not up-to-date? Cause FF has been just fine for me.

Comment

switch all extensions off in the options. Then try turning them back on one at a time and see if you can cause the crash.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I have never had an issue with Firefox [knock wood] but I keep getting people urging me to use Chrome. I seem to vaguely remember trying Chrome a few years back and not liking it because it didn't do stuff like Ff did, something about bookmarks and tabs I think. Did they ever make it work exactly like FF? [I also tried Opera, and didn't like it for similar reasons.]
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

If you use Social Fixer there is a known issue with it due to a change in coding. They are working on that.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                I have never had an issue with Firefox [knock wood] but I keep getting people urging me to use Chrome.
                Grr...Chrome's on my shit list currently. Apparently, if you install Chrome and make it your default browser, then decide you don't like it after all and uninstall it without changing your default browser, it borks your ability to get to the internet until some enterprising IT guy () sets 22 separate registry keys back to IE.

Not my favorite browser right now.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

It tends to crash when I've been online for some time. If I have a lot of tabs open, it often crashes. But sometimes - I really can't think of any triggers.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Grr...Chrome's on my shit list currently. Apparently, if you install Chrome and make it your default browser, then decide you don't like it after all and uninstall it without changing your default browser, it borks your ability to get to the internet until some enterprising IT guy () sets 22 separate registry keys back to IE.
                    Sounds like an issue with IE though. Afaik other browsers still let you switch when you start them up.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I had that trouble with Crome as well. I thought I'd try it and accidentally set it to default. Crome wouldn't let me change my default back to Firefox without a fight. I dumped it as soon as I got control back. That's one of the reasons I wont use Crome.

Comment

Working...
                      X