This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the any key?

Sorry, someone had to post something here.

Up your nose, second shelf. It's up there, honest. Don't forget to impress your boss with your ability to find and extract it - show them the results of your labour!

Rapscallion

Comment

There isn't an "any" key on the keyboard. It just means that you can press whichever button on the keyboard that you want to press.
      My Fanfic Page
      My Fiction Page
      My Social Group
      My Pet Social Group
      My You Tube Channel

Comment

My favorite response to "where the any key" is see that button on the front of your computer, press that and hold it.
        I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

A lot of the places that used to say "press any key" now say "press the enter key".... because "press any key" really should have been "press any key except Ctrl, Shift, Alt, CapsLock, NumLock...."
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
            A lot of the places that used to say "press any key" now say "press the enter key".... because "press any key" really should have been "press any key except Ctrl, Shift, Alt, CapsLock, NumLock...."
            I always say 'Just press space-bar'. If they argue about it not being marked 'Any', I will then inform them just how stupid they're being.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I still like with older Compaq machines, where their keyboard actually had a key labeled "any" to end this question. It served no other purpose than to be active for that prompt.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I think I read somewhere that the best any key was the shift key, because it's less likely to mess with anything.

SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth purplecat41877 View Post
                  There isn't an "any" key on the keyboard. It just means that you can press whichever button on the keyboard that you want to press.
                  I'm *pretty* sure the OP was aware of that, purplecat...
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                  X