Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, for free. Get openoffice. It has a database program that like Access. It will allow you to connect to the server or open a database file. However, since you didn't say what format the database file was saved as.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Can you post a couple of lines of the file you have?

Comment

Quoth LostMyMind View Post
        Well, for free. Get openoffice. It has a database program that like Access. It will allow you to connect to the server or open a database file. However, since you didn't say what format the database file was saved as.
        Since he's running phpBB (like all of my communities) on that forum, my guess would be MySQL v. 3.0 or 4.0

Latest is 5.0 but I don't think phpBB supports that.

I may do a dump of one of mine to play with the code to give Rap some tips, Access isn't as easy to use as Excel.

*edit* I'm looking at the databse exported as an Excel file but I do not see where it links a poster to the topic. Hmmm... I see the system generated alphanumeric, which I think that is it but they're not constant.
        Last edited by draggar; 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

If it's a SQL command dump, then it's not formated, chopped, etc.... You really do have to "export". But if you have access to the server, just grab the files in the data folder of MySQL. Even through the extensions are not .dbf. It's dbase format and Access (sometimes excel) can open it directly (however, memo or unlimited text fields sometimes don't get access since only a few programs can read how MySQL does it properly).
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Working...
          X