This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP boot disk?

Is there such a thing? I've been looking for one.

My ex got some nasty virus on her laptop, and came to me for help. She ran her virus software, and that didn't get rid of it. So she decided to run a system restore from the disks. That didn't work either. Now her computer won't boot up, and even with the restore disks, won't do anything. She also said something about the laptop not being able to find the hard drive (?)

This information isn't quite complete. I've only talked to her about it for a little bit, and we've both been too busy to fully talk about it.

So, based on the above info, anyone have any ideas?
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Go to BootDisk.com and you can find the info you need if you poke around a little.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
      Go to BootDisk.com and you can find the info you need if you poke around a little.
      Aye'up. Make sure it has FDISK and FORMAT on there, too. If you don't know how to use those, come back here.

Boot using the disc, quit to DOS, use FDISK, delete the partition then recreate the partition, then use Format to wipe the drive clean, then reboot and install Windows normally.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
      X