This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, now another problem...

Still messing around with the media PC, and pretty much neglecting the finishing of the server. Thought I'd have it all done days ago...

Solved the problem where videos weren't showing up on the TV, without even having to bug anyone. Fixed the frustrating problem with the defective adapter that caused the display to show in black and white. Optical audio output and DTS sound great, and everything is working.

...except, once again, for one little thing. I'm having some trouble with the TV card. Video works just fine, but I'm not getting any audio. I connected the included cable from the line-out on the TV card, to the line-in on the sound card. It's probably just a setting I'm not seeing, but I haven't had a decent night's sleep since the beginning of this adventure, so I'm sure I'm not thinking clearly.

TV card is a Hauppauge WINTV401. Audio is onboard, the motherboard is a ECS 945P-A (1.1) LGA 775 Intel 945P ATX Intel Motherboard, with Realtek audio.

If we can just get this last issue resolved, then I can drive myself nuts with the server.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Stab in the dark here, but is line-in muted? Did you try using the line out connection with a set of headphones to verify that sound is being output?
    Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Nothing muted that I can see.

I plugged a pair of speakers into the line out from the TV card, and that worked. The card is putting out sound, just can't seem to get it back into the computer.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
        Nothing muted that I can see.

I plugged a pair of speakers into the line out from the TV card, and that worked. The card is putting out sound, just can't seem to get it back into the computer.
        This is gonna sound stupid, but I swear it's there: Check the volume on the recording line input in Windows.

Basically, go to the sound properties, switch to recording (instead of playback) properties, and check to make sure that line-in is set to not muted, has a volume, and is set to line in (instead of mic in).

Comment

Turns out it's getting to the computer just fine. It just doesn't seem to like me using the optical jack to connect to the stereo. If I plug the speakers into one of the analog speaker jacks, it works fine. Either way, it records just fine, so I guess it's not that big a deal, although I won't be able to use the radio function until I get this figured out. There are some analog inputs on the stereo that aren't being used, so I guess I could use those for the TV card if I really wanted.

I'm wondering if it will work better thru Media Portal, but I'm having trouble getting the TV card to work with that. I have a question posted on their forums, and hopefully they'll have a solution.

Comment

Working...
          X