This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know what would be smarter?

Get a print server. Linksys, at BB or such store. It's a small box you connect to backside of printer by USB or such, and then connect to router.

That way anyone on the network (assuming all units are given addressing by router only) WITH permissions, would be able to access printer.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

If you have seen one of these for $50, please let me know. Every time I've gone looking, they have cost $140+.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833122028

Cute
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Bob? is that you?

Quoth SnapAddict218 View Post
          Gaa. No one laugh. I'd rather be upfront about the fact that I have *no* idea about computer stuff. Seriously. I had the directions laid out and the help desk all queued up when I installed my wireless mouse- just in case!

OK, I'll start off really general and let you guys ask the leading questions. We have a printer connected to my BF's computer, it's not installed on mine. Now, inorder to print from my laptop I have to install the printer (duh), but can I print wierlessly or not? What else do I have to do?

*runs and hides in shame*
          No, you have to FIX it before it will work again...

Comment

Solution:

Get the HP 2575. It's network ready (RJ-45 in the back) PLUS you get a brand new Printer / Scanner / Copier!

One important fact that I tink has been missed, if your BF is running XPor Vista, check the security settings to allow your laptop access to his computer (fo rthe printer) and set the printer up as a shared printer.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth carlyn View Post
              Bob? is that you?
              No, just the Addict of Snapping

Thanks for all the suggestions folks, but I don't want/cannot afford to buy anything. Our printer is brand new any way (and pretty nice). I didn't get a chance to get on his computer with the forums up on my laptop last night. Hopefully tonight.
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Working...
              X